Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Most people would say something like “ive heard this kid is good but no idea myself” rather than saying they’re the clear and obvious choice to buy then if that’s the case. It seems a bit ott to be raving about players you’ve never seen based on the amateur analysis of someone else.
Pmd you already mate. Hopefully explains why

I think you are right to point out our transfers will have to be risks. In honesty, they probably should be risks. A big problem under Moshiri is we tried to be the sure thing, for lots of money and didn't get enormously better quality.

David Moyes helped mitigate that risk really. Simple game plan, consistency, time helped players. That's kind of the key.

I look at United, who have spend 60 odd million on a 19 year old who's had one ordinary season on the French league with 12 months on a deal. It sort of underlines there's risk everywhere.

I digress slightly. I can kind of see some sense in Phillips. The manager will want experience. If he's issues are fitness related, Dyche should get him fit. The nagging concern I have, is if Moyes couldn't get anything out of him, I think it's a lost cause.

But look, I thought Alli would be a total lost cause and Dyche has him grafting for no contract currently, so maybe he has earned a bit of slack?

Moyes was on his way out. His stature at that club was on the wane.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back