Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

OK I admit I may get some flack for this but I don't think there is the same urgency to move on Keane as Holgate. Kean is very slow and error prone but if you are looking for a back up for Tarkowski/Branthwaite who will happily show up every week and sit on the bench, has a ton of experience and pops up with the odd goal then Kean is that player. Note - I really do not want him in the starting XI except for emergencies.
Holgate is another matter, he has to move on and be replaced by a younger more ambitious CB. I cannot fathom how he went from reliable defender to awful so quickly. Even against Sligo that was clear.
I mean I think I would agree with this. Keane while not ideal is at least capable of playing okay for a number of minutes in the PL. Hes a suitable 4th option.

Holgate cant even go a minute or two on the pitch without looking like a disaster. At this point I dont even consider him to be on the roster, losing him would mean nothing because you could literally have one of the kids come in and play just as well.

Has N'Diaye ever played 8 and has Lindstrom ever played CM?
I will admit I know nothing about Ndiaye and only know about Lindstrom from what I can read online.

One analytic report on Lindstrom when he made the jump to Germany said he came through the youth ranks as an 8, but showed more in the attack than the defense so he transitioned to more of a 10. This would have been when he was 18/19.

Source: https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-jesper-lindstrom/

Last edited:

The move Doucs back to midfield shouts are mad. His passing is not reliable enough, it ends with us losing possession in front of our box over and over again. We’ve tried it, its a bad move.
I think he will be backup for both CM and AM as a stop gap. Think we need another CM but perhaps priority for perms are forwards and defenders.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back