Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I genuinely think if we end up signing Dele he'll drop back into an 8 (possibly even a 6) and provide depth to the midfield. I think we could see him transition like Barkley transitioned for Luton last season

Anyone else terrified of Ashley Young being the back up left back all season? Surely we need competition for Myko
I cannot fathom how people think RB is more of a priority than LB given we have Coleman>Patterson>Young (+Dixon) for depth vs (a currently injured) Myko>>Young on the left.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a CB that can play at Fullback instead of O'Brien - basically a like for like Godfrey replacement

we won’t sign a CM and it will cripple us
I think we won't sign one until the end of the window - the market lends itself to last minute loans for CM/CDM but it definitely doesn't lend itself to last minute buy/loan for attackers (as proven by the last 3 transfer windows).

How many times have we waited until the last three days to run through the rolladex of wingers with Farhad bidding cash+blowies for Sarr at the 11th hour. Signing N'Diaye, Harrison and Lindstrom now and pushing for Gnonto next makes sense if we want to avoid the last minute scramble

We need a third choice CB. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we're a Tarkowski / Branthwaite injury away from complete ruin. I'm not counting Keane / Holgate as dependable options for obvious reasons.

We're gonna need a new utility player as cover for the entire back line now Godfrey has left. Ashley Young is not left back cover. Could maybe get away with just a left-footed CB I guess who could slot in there if Myko is out.

Right back is still up in the air. Make or break for Patterson imo. Expecting him to be given a go but I'm not optimistic.

CM is threadbare. Doucoure cannot play there.

Still desperate for an out-and-out winger with obscene pace as has been the case for about 30 years now.

DCL dilemma still needs addressing. Simply can't afford to let him leave on a free so he either signs or he's sold this window, in which case we'd need a new striker as well.

But other than that...

I cannot fathom how people think RB is more of a priority than LB given we have Coleman>Patterson>Young (+Dixon) for depth vs (a currently injured) Myko>>Young on the left.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a CB that can play at Fullback instead of O'Brien - basically a like for like Godfrey replacement
Personally, I cannot fathom how people thing LB is more of a priority than RB, just because we have bodies there. Since our goal is to have actual good players play, and Young can backup either side, thats saying Coleman/Patterson are close to Myko's level.

If we go and buy a decent LB, our two best fullbacks will be at LB, and that seems poor squad management.

Personally, I cannot fathom how people thing LB is more of a priority than RB, just because we have bodies there. Since our goal is to have actual good players play, and Young can backup either side, thats saying Coleman/Patterson are close to Myko's level.

If we go and buy a decent LB, our two best fullbacks will be at LB, and that seems poor squad management.
If we buy a left back it'll be because Mykolenko is off to Napoli mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back