Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I mean you are being a bit arsey but how else do you check where a player has played?

Feel free to watch every game they have ever played and then let us know how many times they have played CM.

👍
Shall I use a site who's entire business is aggregating football stats or trust know it all Neil from Galway for my information? It's a tough choice.

….with little or no monies, I expect the aim is for 2 more incomings;

1) An Onana replacement in CM (although Ndiaye and Lindstrom means Doucoure could be used more in that position).
2) A RB. The links to a couple of inexpensive and unknown suggests there’s been a few enquiries. Otherwise, a versatile defender to replace Godfrey (as per the Swiss lad we’ve been linked with).

Obviously that situation changes if DCL and/or Branthwaite moves, but if we bring 2 players in we are arguably stronger than last season in all areas of the team.
Im not sure Doucs can play centre mid. I just dont think hes good enough. Id want a stronger player there. He has a happy knack of scoring, but his overall play, general awareness and passing range are very very average i think.

Im not sure Doucs can play centre mid. I just dont think hes good enough. Id want a stronger player there. He has a happy knack of scoring, but his overall play, general awareness and passing range are very very average i think.
Agreed - Not to spark another stats spat but I understand Douc's played almost all his career at CM. He was moved somewhat experimentally further forward in his last year at Watford and then came to us at the same time we brought in Allan as a DM and James as a AM. Clearly he was brought in to add legs to the Midfield but 'needs must when the devil (Benitez) drives' and after James left he helped bag a few goals for us playing further up.

Think people are writing Beto off too soon, he now has a full season in the Premier league under his belt, he will be better for it and he now has better, more skillfull players around him that will provide more chances for him to shine. Depends whether DCL stays or goes, if he stays then they can share the load, if he goes ( DCL) then we need another more experienced striker in. I like others would like Chermiti to go on loan for a season to get more game time, he has shown a fair bit of promise. Looks like more goals in this team already and more competition up front, if we get Gnonto that will add real pace up front.
A lot of fans did the same to mykolenko. Wrote him off as a disaster after a not great first season, screamed to sell him and replace. Came back in his second season a much better player and now most fans love him.
I think it could be a similar situation for Beto. He's no world beater, but I also don't think he's as bad as a lot of our fans seem to think. He also has that fight in him that our fanbase really takes to.
Of course he could get sold to an Italian team in the next couple of weeks to fund further improvements in the squad and none of the above statement will matter.

I like Doucs and he's done some important things for us but with the new arrivals he feels a bit homeless now, he can cover deeper but you don't really want him starting in that position. Given that you don't want your highest earner to be a backup I suspect the Saudis wouldn't meet too much resistance if they came back for him.

….with little or no monies, I expect the aim is for 2 more incomings;

1) An Onana replacement in CM (although Ndiaye and Lindstrom means Doucoure could be used more in that position).
2) A RB. The links to a couple of inexpensive and unknown suggests there’s been a few enquiries. Otherwise, a versatile defender to replace Godfrey (as per the Swiss lad we’ve been linked with).

Obviously that situation changes if DCL and/or Branthwaite moves, but if we bring 2 players in we are arguably stronger than last season in all areas of the team.
One million percent we are still after a winger mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back