Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The move Doucs back to midfield shouts are mad. His passing is not reliable enough, it ends with us losing possession in front of our box over and over again. We’ve tried it, its a bad move.
Given our current lack of options there I can sadly see it being a reality.

Unless he moves on or we get in another CM.

A lot of fans did the same to mykolenko. Wrote him off as a disaster after a not great first season, screamed to sell him and replace. Came back in his second season a much better player and now most fans love him.
I think it could be a similar situation for Beto. He's no world beater, but I also don't think he's as bad as a lot of our fans seem to think. He also has that fight in him that our fanbase really takes to.
Of course he could get sold to an Italian team in the next couple of weeks to fund further improvements in the squad and none of the above statement will matter.
Personally I thought mykolenko looked miles off premier league level when he first arrived , when he came back the improvements was dramatic and very noticeable . Hopefully we’ll see something similar with Beto , not saying I’m confident but we can hope .

I agree on the Yak. If I had a choice between prime Lukaku and Prime Yak. I’d go Yak all day long. Loved him, I really thought he was going to be our next true legend, he would have stayed back then as well. Not like Lukaku who thinks the world owes him a favour.

If only we had either of them today.

I mean you are being a bit arsey but how else do you check where a player has played?

Feel free to watch every game they have ever played and then let us know how many times they have played CM.

👍

Completed it.

Lindstrom or Ndiaye?

N'diaye never played CM. Only wide where he is allegedly poor, CF or SS/CAM.

Lindstrom reports were that hes played as a CM at Brondby 40% of the time. Then moved further forward in Germany...pushed wide at Napoli.

Afternoon transfer virgins,

Is there any update on that Todd Cantwell rumour I made up earlier?
Looks like it might have legs according to Rangers fans.
Done deal mate

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 15.05.41.png

I really want a CM that can properly take the ball off the centre half.

We had one of those, just sold him to villa.

Dyche had him watching balls go flying over his head all season and everyone said he was crap because he didnt run around like a headless chicken.

Now we have a bunch of cm who cant pass the ball 2 yards unless its backwarss

We are in need of some crucial additions for certain positions but it's still early in the transfer window as well, I'd imagine some opportunities are even available until other clubs make some transfers as that usually creates further chances of picking up players , I hope kev can sway dyche on not loaning Phillips but he seems set to at least make the move to salvage his career which I don't if it's plausible

He was good at running around, breaking up play. If we go back to playing 4 CBs, maybe we can absorbe the added preassure from his passing, but id like us to not test it out. In the right position, i like Doucs, but i think hes a pure liability played centrally.

Weve sold Onana and now we can use players like headless chickens instead.

Its what many fans want :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.