Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

"He can probably play in goal at a pinch."

ndiaye.webp

OK I admit I may get some flack for this but I don't think there is the same urgency to move on Keane as Holgate. Kean is very slow and error prone but if you are looking for a back up for Tarkowski/Branthwaite who will happily show up every week and sit on the bench, has a ton of experience and pops up with the odd goal then Kean is that player. Note - I really do not want him in the starting XI except for emergencies.
Holgate is another matter, he has to move on and be replaced by a younger more ambitious CB. I cannot fathom how he went from reliable defender to awful so quickly. Even against Sligo that was clear.

Has N'Diaye ever played 8 and has Lindstrom ever played CM?

Not that I can see.

….with little or no monies, I expect the aim is for 2 more incomings;

1) An Onana replacement in CM (although Ndiaye and Lindstrom means Doucoure could be used more in that position).
2) A RB. The links to a couple of inexpensive and unknown suggests there’s been a few enquiries. Otherwise, a versatile defender to replace Godfrey (as per the Swiss lad we’ve been linked with).

Obviously that situation changes if DCL and/or Branthwaite moves, but if we bring 2 players in we are arguably stronger than last season in all areas of the team.

Completely forgot about him mate. ;)

But isnt he an attacking midfilder - they cant play central midfield apparently.

Tranfermarket told us.
I mean you are being a bit arsey but how else do you check where a player has played?

Feel free to watch every game they have ever played and then let us know how many times they have played CM.

👍

….with little or no monies, I expect the aim is for 2 more incomings;

1) An Onana replacement in CM (although Ndiaye and Lindstrom means Doucoure could be used more in that position).
2) A RB. The links to a couple of inexpensive and unknown suggests there’s been a few enquiries. Otherwise, a versatile defender to replace Godfrey (as per the Swiss lad we’ve been linked with).

Obviously that situation changes if DCL and/or Branthwaite moves, but if we bring 2 players in we are arguably stronger than last season in all areas of the team.
Even without Branthwaite we need another CB. We are one injury away from playing either Keane or Holgate for a run of games. I'd be very surprised if we don't bring in another central defender.

OK I admit I may get some flack for this but I don't think there is the same urgency to move on Keane as Holgate. Kean is very slow and error prone but if you are looking for a back up for Tarkowski/Branthwaite who will happily show up every week and sit on the bench, has a ton of experience and pops up with the odd goal then Kean is that player. Note - I really do not want him in the starting XI except for emergencies.
Holgate is another matter, he has to move on and be replaced by a younger more ambitious CB. I cannot fathom how he went from reliable defender to awful so quickly. Even against Sligo that was clear.

….i suspect we would bite the hands off any club who offers to take either but the problem is them accepting a move.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back