Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Do you think Brands was driving up and down to Carlisle every week?

….he’ll have had his contacts and ultimately he makes the decision. We can’t be selective on these things, we can’t say the rubbish signed under Brands was down to Brands but the good ones were down to somebody else. Brands also took Branthwaite to PSV.

I’m critical of Thelwell going back to how he left us without a striker for 8 games into a season and then brought Maupay in, but I’ll be the first to acknowledge if Chermiti turns out to be the real deal. Chermiti is down to Thelwell.

Brands was DoF for Branthwaite acquisition, that’s it.

No but I think he had s outs out at them and listened to what they said.

Do you think ancelotti had his team of personal scouts out there?

….Branthwaite from Carlisle?

IMG_9773.jpeg

….he’ll have had his contacts and ultimately he makes the decision. We can’t be selective on these things, we can’t say the rubbish signed under Brands was down to Brands but the good ones were down to somebody else. Brands also took Branthwaite to PSV.

I’m critical of Thelwell going back to how he left us without a striker for 8 games into a season and then brought Maupay in, but I’ll be the first to acknowledge if Chermiti turns out to be the real deal. Chermiti is down to Thelwell.

Brands was DoF for Branthwaite acquisition, that’s it.
Brands was urged by the scouting department to sign Brainthwaite due to the reports and him being available for 750k - 1 mil and at the time it was chump change to us

His work in bringing Brainthwaite to the club was absolutely minimal.

I didn't mind Brands but the decision to give Keane a 5 years contract on 100 bags a week was criminal which was also my original point before foghorn started piping up abar friggin PSV and all crap ha

No but I think he had s outs out at them and listened to what they said.

Do you think ancelotti had his team of personal scouts out there?
Ancelotti has stated numerous times at various clubs he has no interest in the transfer market or that side of the game hence he always prefers to work with a DoF. I have no doubt he keeps a watchful eye on certain players but it's never been a big thing for him.

Brands was urged by the scouting department to sign Brainthwaite due to the reports and him being available for 750k - 1 mil and at the time it was chump change to us

His work in bringing Brainthwaite to the club was absolutely minimal.

I didn't mind Brands but the decision to give Keane a 5 years contract on 100 bags a week was criminal which was also my original point before foghorn started piping up abar friggin PSV and all crap ha

Thing is with brands mate, I'm looking at his entire career, everywhere he's done well, here by and large was crap.

What's the difference, here he had constant interference from above, no real say on managers, and often had players forced on him.

Not sure any dof in the world would have succeeded during that period.

But I'll credit where it's due, he signed Braithwaithe, also Richy, Digne, Doucoure and Gray, Kean also which at the time was considered by everyone a coup.

Four others where Gomes, Gbamin, Delph and Mina - all three broke down after coming here. None had a history of injuries to alarm.

Allan just got old - again a good signing 'on paper '

Both Bernard and Iwobi were signings pushed in from above.

London and Townsend both managerial forced signings

Think Rodriguez was him too but likely that was Carlos influence on me hundred percent.

If you wanna look at the real causes of our problems it wasnt brands it was Walsh mate

Thing is with brands mate, I'm looking at his entire career, everywhere he's done well, here by and large was crap.

What's the difference, here he had constant interference from above, no real say on managers, and often had players forced on him.

Not sure any dof in the world would have succeeded during that period.

But I'll credit where it's due, he signed Braithwaithe, also Richy, Digne, Doucoure and Gray, Kean also which at the time was considered by everyone a coup.

Four others where Gomes, Gbamin, Delph and Mina - all three broke down after coming here. None had a history of injuries to alarm.

Allan just got old - again a good signing 'on paper '

Both Bernard and Iwobi were signings pushed in from above.

London and Townsend both managerial forced signings

Think Rodriguez was him too but likely that was Carlos influence on me hundred percent.

If you wanna look at the real causes of our problems it wasnt brands it was Walsh mate
Mate you've gone down the rabbit hole here.

Am just sad Brands give Keane a big mazzy deal? Is that ok like?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.