Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

From everyone I can source online mate, he was signed in 17 on a 5 year deal on 60k pw.

In 20 brands extended the deal by two years and gave him a 20k PW rise.

Basically costing us 2m over the length of his already remsibing contract.

Yea the extension on extra money cost us another 2m as well

I'm not sure exactly why you are picking this hill to die upon either.
It's a hill I'll happily die on, especially if it involves the most spinless coward to ever pull on the blue shirt.

Did you do all that reading up on Keane's contract after I told you to put the kettle on?

Mate, England don’t even have one of those, what chance have we got? Think Gaz Baz is out of retirement and could still do a job? If Rice is worth £100m how much would he be worth now?

Adam Wharton will be that player.

….he’ll have had his contacts and ultimately he makes the decision. We can’t be selective on these things, we can’t say the rubbish signed under Brands was down to Brands but the good ones were down to somebody else. Brands also took Branthwaite to PSV.

I’m critical of Thelwell going back to how he left us without a striker for 8 games into a season and then brought Maupay in, but I’ll be the first to acknowledge if Chermiti turns out to be the real deal. Chermiti is down to Thelwell.

Brands was DoF for Branthwaite acquisition, that’s it.

It must have been posted 1000 times at a minimum that Thelwell did not sign Maupay.

Bobble i think stated that he was a Lampard/Kenwright signing and Thelwell was not the one to green light the signing.

Sigurdsson still the clubs most expensive signing which was made in 2017

7 years soon to be 8 and we still haven’t beaten that record

Wonder how long that record will last for

If we are taken over by a wealthy firm (e.g Vici) who want to bring us up the league quickly due to the new stadium impact & looking to increase revenues to attract commercial deals...

...id say we break the transfer record in the next 2 seasons

Adam Wharton will be that player.

It must have been posted 1000 times at a minimum that Thelwell did not sign Maupay.

Bobble i think stated that he was a Lampard/Kenwright signing and Thelwell was not the one to green light the signing.

If we are taken over by a wealthy firm (e.g Vici) who want to bring us up the league quickly due to the new stadium impact & looking to increase revenues to attract commercial deals...

...id say we break the transfer record in the next 2 seasons
I would not want us to be like that, be great having extra room to spend so we could get deals done like minteh or whoever. But if we get back to just spending crazy again will start problems again. Yes the stadium will help and new deals but most likely we will still be behind clubs with psr and will not catch up. Is the same for other teams we will be ahead of with psr and unless they step up can never see them catching us if the club is run correct

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.