Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I would not want us to be like that, be great having extra room to spend so we could get deals done like minteh or whoever. But if we get back to just spending crazy again will start problems again. Yes the stadium will help and new deals but most likely we will still be behind clubs with psr and will not catch up. Is the same for other teams we will be ahead of with psr and unless they step up can never see them catching us if the club is run correct

I think, if we can add Gnonto and a couple more this window we can go up a couple of places (ignoring pts deductions) and finish 8th -10th.

In 12months or 24months time we will need to add players who can make an instant impact to push us towards that top 6 and to remain there.

This costs money.

For example, next summer we could have Iroegbunam and Garner in the centre. If both are stable 6 or 7 out of 10 every game this season then super.

But adding one top player next summer for £45mil could make a huge difference.

Likewise, if we move out the forwards (bar Chermiti) how far would a £45mil goalscoring centre forward take us?

At some point the game changes from having to sign multiple players for the first 11 and the squad....to signing a couple of top players to push the team to another level.

I used to like the way that Chelsea did it- - splash the cash on hoovering up all the youth talent, loan them out - then you have a ridiculous conveyor belt of players.

That said it sort of came apart as you have far too many players for the squad and they kept on buying established talent too, so there was no room for the youth.

I think, if we can add Gnonto and a couple more this window we can go up a couple of places (ignoring pts deductions) and finish 8th -10th.

In 12months or 24months time we will need to add players who can make an instant impact to push us towards that top 6 and to remain there.

This costs money.

For example, next summer we could have Iroegbunam and Garner in the centre. If both are stable 6 or 7 out of 10 every game this season then super.

But adding one top player next summer for £45mil could make a huge difference.

Likewise, if we move out the forwards (bar Chermiti) how far would a £45mil goalscoring centre forward take us?

At some point the game changes from having to sign multiple players for the first 11 and the squad....to signing a couple of top players to push the team to another level.
Agree with you but again all depends when the takeover happens. We will spend money again next summer but will be similar to this maybe more becuase of player sales.

We should buy Gnonto for £60m just so we can say we’ve beaten our transfer record and therefore automatically become better.
I mean no one said you automatically become better when you break a transfer record however it is a sign of the times when West Ham, Newcastle and villa are making marquee signings in excess of 50 mil and qualifying for champions leagues and winning European trophies and they were all relegated in recent history

I mean no one said you automatically become better when you break a transfer record however it is a sign of the times when West Ham, Newcastle and villa are making marquee signings in excess of 50 mil and qualifying for champions leagues and winning European trophies and they were all relegated in recent history
It's the other way around though isn't it, they are qualifying for Europe, then spending the money.

Mosh did it the other way around for some reason (impatience...ambition).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back