Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Were obviously not going to sign a striker whilst both DCL and Beto are here.

Having Michael Keane as your back up option if Tarks or Branthwaite getting injured is far scarier than anything else, and a good reason to why we're signing a cb.

Also, most french teams allow and are comfortable with fee's being spread over time, so that '17m' is more likely to be 3/4m up front with the rest paid over time.

We cannot afford to have Michael Keane as our back up cb. Hes a calamity.

We will get a striker when either DCL or Beto goes,

another wide player who can score and create, and a back up LB is a must.

You have seen them have you. Ditch Beto and Maupay get one in then try to move Dom on
By that logic why don't we just sell the whole team and replace them with better players?

Dom will run his contract down for a better wage next summer and Maupay will go on another loan if we're lucky.

Would be great if transfer windows were as easy as sell bad player buy good player, but they aren't.

Lashing £17m on a CB when we have no strikers or full-backs is a little scary I can’t lie.

….succession planning at last. Branthwaite will leave at some point and if it’s late in this window there’s less panic. Hopefully it’s next summer.

Also wonder if the club was tipped off that a bid was incoming from elsewhere and needed to get this done quicker than planned.

I can’t see us bringing in a striker unless DCL leaves, a RB might still be a possibility but I think a CM is only likely signing.

By that logic why don't we just sell the whole team and replace them with better players?

Dom will run his contract down for a better wage next summer and Maupay will go on another loan if we're lucky.

Would be great if transfer windows were as easy as sell bad player buy good player, but they aren't.
But the opposite is also true. We have zero goals in teh team but we have four so we go with what we got. Didn’t say it was easy but Crikey that is a poor forward line we have

Well we have rumours of DCL and Beto moving on and we all pray Maupay moves on, so let's see.

For now we have added Indy and Lindy, lot of work left to do.
It's such a crucial position. If there are going to be sales they need to happen in time for replacements beforewe play meaningful matches. That's why I'm a little concerned with the Beto and DCL rumours.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back