Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Lashing £17m on a CB when we have no strikers or full-backs is a little scary I can’t lie.
In fairness we literally have 4 full backs and 3 strikers. Problem is there might be genuinely 1 decent player in the lot. Doubt we’ll be bringing in anyone in either position unless there’s outgoings (obviously either Patterson or DCL).

RB: Coleman Patterson
LB: Mykolenko Young

ST: DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

How do we have ‘no strikers or fullbacks’? Holgate could even cover fullback positions if needed.
2 are aging, ones pretty much frozen out and the other has had a succession of injuries since the closing weeks of the season

Striker wise, one doesn’t want to sign a new deal, one we’re looking to move on supposedly, one’s still raw and the other has spent more time trolling than bothering to be a Premier League level striker

2 are aging, ones pretty much frozen out and the other has had a succession of injuries since the closing weeks of the season

Striker wise, one doesn’t want to sign a new deal, one we’re looking to move on supposedly, one’s still raw and the other has spent more time trolling than bothering to be a Premier League level striker

We can’t maintain a double size squad just in case every single player gets injured. Mykolenko and Coleman if fit will be first choice fullbacks. DCL if he stays will be first choice striker.

We can all have an opinion whether they’re good enough but that’s different to not having any players in these positions. If someone wants to turf out Coleman Young Mykolenko and Patterson and buy 4 new fullbacks then great but we all know that isn’t going to happen.

Played 16
Goals 7
Assists 4

Norwegian 2nd division, only moved there from Africa on March 18th. Thats a rapid adaptation for a player who turned 18 on Jan 30th.
Obviously I don't know anything about this lad in particular but I was talking about deals like this on the Gnonto thread earlier: we have three established wing options + Ndiaye in a pinch so rather than blast 25m+ at Gnonto get in early on a young raw kid like this if we've spotted him and try to get the sort of bargain Newcastle or Leeds got buying Minteh or Gnonto rather than the big bucks they want selling them on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.