Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anyone know when we will find out if we have been charged for PSR again? Or any other clubs will be? Must be soon surely
I haven;t been following this closely since the season's end. But I dont get the impression we're in the cross hairs this season.

I know they said last time they'd be looking at some outstanding stadium-related finances, but I thought at the time it was just a shot across the bow.

I haven;t been following this closely since the season's end. But I dont get the impression we're in the cross hairs this season.

I know they said last time they'd be looking at some outstanding stadium-related finances, but I thought at the time it was just a shot across the bow.
Last i heard that’s still up in the air. We need clarity. We could do with others like Leicester getting charged soon

I don’t know whether this is the last word on our outstanding PSR charge, but the article is only around 4wks old. I don’t think it’s gone anywhere. If it has been dropped (doubtful), then someone needs to make a statement confirming this.

From what I understand, it would be extremely hard for the PL to win on that front as we have followed internationally recognised accounting practices in our submission and the PL have taken issue with it. Whereas before, we were in breach of the PL's (admittedly ridiculous) rules, hence we lost. I believe that is why it was pulled out and separated from the second charge, as it was a weaker case that the PL still wanted to pursue - as part of their vendetta against us - but knew it would likely result in a final decision lingering way beyond the end of the season and all the implications that would have brought.

Don't know all the details as not a finance guy. But that was what I'd seen/read/heard in a few different places.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back