Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Its what ive been advocating for years.

Spend on younger players, while bringing in low cost experience.

Seeing as 'everyone' disagrees with my view I expect Thelwell will be chased out soon.

Oh wait, the fans are happy?

:eek:

Very good player

Please don’t make out this is a Zat special revolutionary idea. Everyone in world football from coaches, scouts to fans knows this and wants it for their club but this is not football manager! It’s really life football. Stop being delusional.

Even if you have to funds and pulling power to advocate such a change, there is no gaurentee it works, it could end up destroying your whole team.. see Chelsea

We still have two loans left to fill which may make for interesting options. Without trying to sound like @Zatara (!) I would like to see us bring in a couple of young players not seeing first team action where they are but are closing in on it. Get them with options to buy and give them the motivation to kick on.

One from City / Chelsea / Utd for the domestic one and one from the big European leagues.

I think we only have Harrison and Lindstrøm so far ?

Fullbacks would suit me

Got a feeling the Onana sale was to raise some money to pay off the first instalments on beto and Chermiti and I think after Harrison and Lindstrom loan fees, Ndiaye, Tim and O’Brien we may be done in the transfer window

I think they will still try and find a cheap fullback to sign but they will probably be happy to leave some business until deadline day if they cannot get a deal that they want

I'd be surprised if the budget was to stretch to another "big" (by our standards) outlay assuming O'Brien completes. I don't think we'll sign Gnonto and won't before the start of the season. It's clear when you see the relative speed of other deals that they are still way off on agreeing a payment structure.

I expect we'll still get a few more in. The Rodriguez links on a free today and there may be something in the Kalvin Philips talk, though I'd rather pass on that one.

The big remaining question is whether DCL stays or goes and again that won't be decided until deadline day I would think. If he does it will only be with someone else lined up surely.

I'd be surprised if the budget was to stretch to another "big" (by our standards) outlay assuming O'Brien completes. I don't think we'll sign Gnonto and won't before the start of the season. It's clear when you see the relative speed of other deals that they are still way off on agreeing a payment structure.

I expect we'll still get a few more in. The Rodriguez links on a free today and there may be something in the Kalvin Philips talk, though I'd rather pass on that one.

The big remaining question is whether DCL stays or goes and again that won't be decided until deadline day I would think. If he does it will only be with someone else lined up surely.
Philips is interesting isn’t it. A real punt on us being able to get the Leeds Phillips not the West Ham Phillips out of him.

We still have two loans left to fill which may make for interesting options. Without trying to sound like @Zatara (!) I would like to see us bring in a couple of young players not seeing first team action where they are but are closing in on it. Get them with options to buy and give them the motivation to kick on.

One from City / Chelsea / Utd for the domestic one and one from the big European leagues.

I think we only have Harrison and Lindstrøm so far ?

Fullbacks would suit me
Would be a massive mistake this, we are not in a position to take a risk on developing other teams players for them.

I can't see O'Brien moving now at this stage in his career after a successful season to come and sit on our bench. Think it means branners is offski. Hope I'm wrong.
Don’t underestimate just how lucky we were last season with Tarkowski and Branthwaite’s availability and we’d be very, very lucky to repeat that. I don’t know what the numbers say but I’d bet across the league “third choice” centre backs saw a good number of minutes on average across the season.

Probably enough to keep him happy for a year with the carrot of a likely starting spot next season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back