Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Got a feeling the Onana sale was to raise some money to pay off the first instalments on beto and Chermiti and I think after Harrison and Lindstrom loan fees, Ndiaye, Tim and O’Brien we may be done in the transfer window

I think they will still try and find a cheap fullback to sign but they will probably be happy to leave some business until deadline day if they cannot get a deal that they want

Got a feeling the Onana sale was to raise some money to pay off the first instalments on beto and Chermiti and I think after Harrison and Lindstrom loan fees, Ndiaye, Tim and O’Brien we may be done in the transfer window
I think they will still try and find a cheap fullback to sign but they will probably be happy to leave some business until deadline day if they cannot get a deal that they want
You sound like theEsk man
What about the money off spurs for Richarlison or Newcastle for Gordon or Fulham for iwobi
We’ve just bid for a CB

Last edited:
We have one heck of an amount of dead wood that was brought in for tens of millions and will walk away for free at the end of the season if we still can't get rid of them.

Maupay - £15m
Keane - £25m
Holgate - £2m but absolutely incredible salary for the previous 3-4 years when you consider his utter lack of ability.

Beto not out of contract any time soon but clearly out of favour with the boss and £25m invested in him and probably at least £50k a week.

Keane will have cost the club at least £45m (transfer fee plus wages) by the time he leaves, Holgate between £15-20m, Maupay between £25-30m and Beto's transfer fee is guaranteed at least £20m and he's costing the club at least £2-3m a season in wages.

Just for those players mentioned, that's an outlay of around £110-odd million pounds.

Doucoure clearly isn't deemed dead wood by the manager but I'm sure the club could do with getting rid due to his rumoured £100k plus a week salary. If he walks for free at the end of the season he's cost the club between £45-50m in fees and wages.

For a club in such financial peril, that's both scandalous and dangerous. The inability to actually sell players, going back years now, is absolutely abject and easily the worst in the division by a country mile: Tosun (free, out of contract), Bolasie (free, out of contract), Walcott (free, out of contract), Niasse (free, out of contract), Schneiderin sold at 90% loss, Sigurdsson (free, out of contract), Mina (free, out of contract), Gbamin (free, out of contract), Gomes (free, out of contract), Allan (free, out of contract), Sandro (free, out of contract), Garbutt (free - nobody would go near him due to his incredible wages with us).

We're going to add Keane, Holgate and likely Maupay to that list, abd I fear Beto too. Calvert-Lewin I'm sure the club would like to keep, but he'll probably be added to it as well.
To sell a player you need 3 things
Club willing to sell
Club willing to buy at agreed price
Player willing to move
We have only achieved No1 for our deadwood

Story on twitter that we have as be agreed a deal for Christian Erickson on a free transfer. I think that would be a good deal if it’s true, we need someone with his creativity in midfield

Erickson playing for Everton
That’s like saying James played for Everton……………….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back