Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Stated before, Keane is a very very good pickup on a three year deal for any championship side chasing promotion or for a team like the bottom three were last season as in really short of experience.

If we can recoup say 4-5m for him and remove the 80k wages then we've done well.

Be a decision i think - we prob would given his contract situation but would we rock the season with 3 Centre half and Holgate - actually don't think there is much difference between what Keane and Holgate are on.

Be a decision i think - we prob would given his contract situation but would we rock the season with 3 Centre half and Holgate - actually don't think there is much difference between what Keane and Holgate are on.

Still think we may get in another CB mate who can cover at fullback too.

What I absolutely love about the signings this year is the age.

Tim Iroegburam - 21
Iliman NDiaye - 24
Jasper Lindstrom - 24
Jack Harrison - 27 (26 when first signed)
Jake O'brien - 23.

The only frustration I'll have is why did we not know about O'brien, before he was sold for £1m a year ago, and why now. But €20m is a fair price.

All those players have huge upside, potential and resale value. When were in this position, every player needs to be seen as a profitable asset.

Every move has been a smart on this year. Now sign someone to make Young and Coleman cover please.

Believe he went to Lyon in a Textor sweet heart deal - he was also on loan at a Textor team in Belgium the year before. Palace fans were a bit miffed with the deal as hed done well out in Belgium and looked really good during preseason in 23. Think the 1 mill fee was a bit contentious for them, they felt he was worth more and probably would have got it only for Textor.

Believe Palace have a sell on clause mind.

Last edited:

Tim Iroegburam - 21
Iliman NDiaye - 24
Jasper Lindstrom - 24
Jake O'brien - 23.

The only frustration I'll have is why did we not know about O'brien, before he was sold for £1m a year ago, and why now. But €20m is a fair price.

All those players have huge upside, potential and resale value. When were in this position, every player needs to be seen as a profitable asset.

Every move has been a smart on this year. Now sign someone to make Young and Coleman cover please.
On the O'Brien thing - he wasn't getting a game at Palace, so it was difficult to know how he'd adjust to playing at a higher level, even if we were very aware of him. There's also the issue that even if we did want to take a punt on him, the Textor connection meant that Lyon would have been in the driving seat anyway.

£17m is a bit annoying a year after seeing him move for so little, but on the flip side it's two thirds of what we paid for Michael Keane 7 years ago. It's not a terrible price these days.

Tim Iroegburam - 21
Iliman NDiaye - 24
Jasper Lindstrom - 24
Jake O'brien - 23.

This hindsight stuff is rubbish. Last year we had Branthewaite as a young unproven centre half that would be given some game time. We didn't need another young centre half at that stage and even if we did there would probably be 30 players of a similar profile and age to O'Brien who would be available for the same fee and there's a large element of luck in predicting who will make it. It's only clear in hindsight.

I'm not sure how anyone could be opposed to summer business thus far.

Still think we will see two or more leave and two or more come in after the O'Brien deal is done too. Maybe Gnonto/Another perm/Another loan and that will be that which realistically would be an excellent summer in which we have slashed the wage bill, created a better squad quality wise and created a better squad age wise too.

I'm not sure how anyone could be opposed to summer business thus far.

Still think we will see two or more leave and two or more come in after the O'Brien deal is done too. Maybe Gnonto/Another perm/Another loan and that will be that which realistically would be an excellent summer in which we have slashed the wage bill, created a better squad quality wise and created a better squad age wise too.

Think overall we need to add a cm and a defender who can cover FB, club seems to want a winger too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back