Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Has there been any links with outgoings other than DCL? All seems to have gone quiet on that front

DCL as you say & Beto to Bologna.

Goat is still in bed and ZAT is multitasking playing FIFA on one PC and watching Hungarian under 14 football videos on another PC

One day i'll have to get a PC and this FIFA game. It sounds delightful.

Please don’t make out this is a Zat special revolutionary idea. Everyone in world football from coaches, scouts to fans knows this and wants it for their club but this is not football manager! It’s really life football. Stop being delusional.

Even if you have to funds and pulling power to advocate such a change, there is no gaurentee it works, it could end up destroying your whole team.. see Chelsea

*guarantee is the spelling.

I see you're not very good at that either.

The amusing thing, is that if you look back since i joined the forum, I have always advocated for young players to be signed, ALONG WITH experienced lower cost signings.

A couple of certain starters signed for high fees to provide a platform as well.

I'd actually ponder why Everton and most other sides havent followed this approach seeing as you think its obvious to all.

Not to mention that you're one of the most obnoxious posters on the forum, you dont appear to be incredibly intelligent either.

We still have two loans left to fill which may make for interesting options. Without trying to sound like @Zatara (!) I would like to see us bring in a couple of young players not seeing first team action where they are but are closing in on it. Get them with options to buy and give them the motivation to kick on.

One from City / Chelsea / Utd for the domestic one and one from the big European leagues.

I think we only have Harrison and Lindstrøm so far ?

Fullbacks would suit me

Why not try so sound like me? Thelwell is using my playbook these days. I'm suddenly en vogue :o

I think i posted that if Gnonto is too challenging then we should be on to City. They have a couple of quality young wingers we may be able to loan with an option to buy.

Don’t underestimate just how lucky we were last season with Tarkowski and Branthwaite’s availability and we’d be very, very lucky to repeat that. I don’t know what the numbers say but I’d bet across the league “third choice” centre backs saw a good number of minutes on average across the season.

Probably enough to keep him happy for a year with the carrot of a likely starting spot next season.

Tarkowski will be 32 in November and on a contract until 2026. The O'Brien signing (as a purely right sided centre back) is perfect long term planning (on paper).

Mykolenko has been a mainstay at lb. He certainly isn't a cb mate. Rb has been a huge problem esp when you consider Godfrey was plugging holes there esp towards the end of the season.

I really hope Lindstrom is a rw but from what iv read know one seems to know what his main position is.

McNeil has plenty of competition if the club get in a proper right winger as I believe Harrison is much better on the left. Gnoto can play either side if he comes.

Cm is the heartbeat of any team. Would love a sceamer who could intergrate defence into attack. We have been crying out for a player like that for years. Arteta from what I can think was the last that we have had
The CB playing there now was in reference to preseason - Campbell. Myko is currently injured showing our lack of depth in that position

I'd be surprised if the budget was to stretch to another "big" (by our standards) outlay assuming O'Brien completes. I don't think we'll sign Gnonto and won't before the start of the season. It's clear when you see the relative speed of other deals that they are still way off on agreeing a payment structure.

I expect we'll still get a few more in. The Rodriguez links on a free today and there may be something in the Kalvin Philips talk, though I'd rather pass on that one.

The big remaining question is whether DCL stays or goes and again that won't be decided until deadline day I would think. If he does it will only be with someone else lined up surely.
But if we don't bring a rapid winger in unless Linstrom is lightening we haven't addressed our lack of pace

DCL as you say & Beto to Bologna.

One day i'll have to get a PC and this FIFA game. It sounds delightful.

*guarantee is the spelling.

I see you're not very good at that either.

The amusing thing, is that if you look back since i joined the forum, I have always advocated for young players to be signed, ALONG WITH experienced lower cost signings.

A couple of certain starters signed for high fees to provide a platform as well.

I'd actually ponder why Everton and most other sides havent followed this approach seeing as you think its obvious to all.

Not to mention that you're one of the most obnoxious posters on the forum, you dont appear to be incredibly intelligent either.

Why not try so sound like me? Thelwell is using my playbook these days. I'm suddenly en vogue :eek:

I think i posted that if Gnonto is too challenging then we should be on to City. They have a couple of quality young wingers we may be able to loan with an option to buy.

Tarkowski will be 32 in November and on a contract until 2026. The O'Brien signing (as a purely right sided centre back) is perfect long term planning (on paper).
This may come as a shock to you but, everyone wants us to sign good young players, it’s common sense- we just don’t sayit ten times a day.
You honestly think you’re the only person who wants us to sign good young players!!! ???

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back