Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Looks totally shot. Maybe he gets back on track but we can't be taking that risk, not in such a critical position.

A loan with an option to buy and City heavily subsiding his wages. Anything else would be mental. And frankly, even a loan in the format I've spelled out there wouldn't be a good idea, just less insane than the alternatives.

If it happens, I hope that between Garner, Gana, Doucoure and Iroegbunum there's enough there to cover that area for the season, because we 100% couldn't rely on Phillips working out.

If you take the prospective Dele idea, as long as it's sensible wages I don't mind too much as we've already bought N'Diaye and loaned Lindstrom who could play as the number 10, so any sort of tune you get out of Dele would be a bonus.

I'm not sure the same could be said of Phillips - it feels like he'd be seen as a key signing (hope I'm very wrong), which seems unwise (putting it mildly)

A loan with an option to buy and City heavily subsiding his wages. Anything else would be mental. And frankly, even a loan in the format I've spelled out there wouldn't be a good idea, just less insane than the alternatives.

If it happens, I hope that between Garner, Gana, Doucoure and Iroegbunum there's enough there to cover that area for the season, because we 100% couldn't rely on Phillips working out.

If you take the prospective Dele idea, as long as it's sensible wages I don't mind too much as we've already bought N'Diaye and loaned Lindstrom who could play as the number 10, so any sort of tune you get out of Dele would be a bonus.

I'm not sure the same could be said of Phillips - it feels like he'd be seen as a key signing (hope I'm very wrong), which seems unwise (putting it mildly)
Yeah, initially I thought a loan with option would be fairly risk-free, but a guy who repeatedly makes mistakes like that in critical areas can never be risk-free, he's a midfield Michael Keane. Even if you slowly get him back on track how many mistakes does he make in the process? Because just one critical goal can make a massive difference.

Sorry, missed this from earlier, what is the Ericsson rumour?

Surely that's just bs, as if he's not out of contract, Man It's aren't going to deal with us unless JB is on the table

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back