Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

This may come as a shock to you but, everyone wants us to sign good young players, it’s common sense- we just don’t sayit ten times a day.
You honestly think you’re the only person who wants us to sign good young players!!! ???
There’s our definition of young and there is Zats definition of young
7/8 yrs in the difference

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Crellin
RB: Coleman / Patterson
LB: Mykolenko / Young
RCB: Tarkowski / O’Brien
LCB: Branthwaite / Holgate OR Keane
DM: Gueye / Iroegbunam
CM: Garner / Doucoure
AM: Ndiaye
RW: Harrison / Lindstrøm
LW: McNeil / Gnonto
ST: Calvert-Lewin OR Maupay / Beto / Chermiti

IN:
O’Brien
Gnonto

OUT:
Holgate OR Keane
Maupay OR Calvert-Lewin

In an ideal world, we replace both Holgate and Keane.

We should also bring in two proper full backs (one RB & one LB). However, given Dixon & Campbell’s minutes in pre-season plus the fact we already have 4 players there, I think we’ll end up holding until January / next summer.

Another consideration is DCL’s contract; if he refuses to sign, we will sell and unfortunately retain Maupay (unless we find a suitable replacement in time to ship him out too).

I’m also not personally sold on Gnonto, but he looks most likely to come in.

Squad looks short at AM with only Ndiaye, but Doucoure & Lindstrøm can also play there, so I think we’ll hold on any other midfielders unless there’s movement out (possibly Doucoure).
@Zatara meet @Sona

Seems a decent signing at 7m…

Only seen him for sheff utd last season but he looked like he would get in our side ahead of Beto and Neil Mopey … and looks a better finisher than DCL
Looked terrible vs us did not see anything in him
As much as everyone is slagging Kelvin Phillips off we all know that after three decent games, half the people on here will be pushing for him to replace Rice and Bellingham for England.
This forum is the most fickle place in the world.
Is more about the cost would take to get him here esp with thr problems the club has had with big contracts. Just seems to much of a risk

Interesting that some blues expressed worry that we'd struggle to attract players to the club due to Dyche's style of play...those fears seemed to be misplaced.

Brentford,Ajax and Forest all in for the big lad yet he's chosen to play under the Dinosaur.

As a centre back, Dyche is ideal for him and I suspect Coleman being at the club is massive.

Minteh doing bits for Brighton already, his goal today was a lovely finish. 🙁

Hes just so quick and looks lethal.

Amir Richardson too.

Lamine Camara is still at Metz. Cant believe hes not been sold.

Ok, its nearly August, lets do the guessing game.

How many signings in and out will we do from now till the window SLAMS shut.

Im going with :

In : 4
Out : 5

8 in
12 out

Am I doing it right, @Zatara

1 in
23 out

Ignoring backup keepers and Dele...

Holgate / Keane / Doucoure / DCL / Maupay / Beto all out = 6.

LB/LCB / RCB / CM / WF / CF in = 5

Think Newcastle spent 70 mil on Isak after finishing 11th

Meanwhile were sitting on 3 forwards that could be sold fot £50mil ish. Need to move them on asap and sign a top finisher.

With Ndiaye, McNeil, Lindstrom ahead he could be effective. Under Dyche? Unlikely.

Just a gut feeling a Saudi club will come back for him mate, and Thelwell will be looking at those wages

Doucoure surely cant be kept on.

Him to flop at that lot, then come here and be a superstar would be a sure sign that God no longer has a cob on with us.

Was he a "flop" ? Got a really bad injury and then the loan expired.

Think he was meant to be good at fiorentina last season.

I can nearly guarantee you Coleman will lead the team out for the first game at BMD
It may be his last game for the club but he will be there front and centre

Carrying all his medals ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back