Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure we can rely on Gray to score the goals. He hasn't a league goal in 2022, and only 1 in the FA cup since Christmas.

DCL will score if fit often enough, but that's the concern.

No reason Gordon shouldn't improve again but he wasn't exactly prolific last season.

We would need to sign someone who can get double figures or 2 players who can get 6 or 7 each, and that's not straight forward. I wouldn't have much faith in us finding the right player, or couple of players. Teams who have 39 points and sell their main goalscorer, tend to be in a relegation fight again the following season.

Thing is mate, Richy scored 7 last season if you take away the pens, Gordon got 4, that's with Gordon playing on the right the majority of the season rather than the left his best position where he'd be cutting in on his right foot and will be far more dangerous (times he has for us and for the England U21s kinda show that) and with Richy playing a fair few games as the striker too.

Play Gordon the full season on the right I think he'd surpass Richarlisons 7 from open play.

Now. Not being funny like. But didn't we have a reputation under Bills watch of being hard negotiators?
Once we were out of the muck,.and not having to sell,.just to get through the next day. Pretty sure we did some amazing deals. Like Lescott and Stones to City. Lukaku to Utd and so on. With some astute buying.
It wouldn't worry me in the least if Bill is involved somehow.

Now. Not being funny like. But didn't we have a reputation under Bills watch of being hard negotiators?
Once we were out of the muck,.and not having to sell,.just to get through the next day. Pretty sure we did some amazing deals. Like Lescott and Stones to City. Lukaku to Utd and so on. With some astute buying.

He also sold Rooney to United, Arteta to Arsenal and Graveson to Madrid (the latter one almost cost us 4th as we tanked after he left).

All three absolutely horrendous deals of selling our best player for buttons and setting back the team hugely

If he’s involved in negotiations now, and he was involved in negotiations back then, then it’s probably safe to assume he was involved in all the negotiations in between as well. Or does that not suit this particular narrative?

What's it say mate, Twitter not accessible here
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 09.36.34.webp

I think DCL Gray Gordon and whoever is Richarlison’s replacement should be ok for goals if they stay fit.

Our major problems last season were in defence and midfield. Playing Keane Coleman and Kenny so often without a defensive midfielder in front of them was killing us. If we can tighten up a bit then we should be fine.

If we're targeting a similar 16th-placed finish, and his replacement can get 10-15 goals, yes. Anything other than that, not a chance! Gray was pathetic after Christmas and Gordon is barely a goal threat. DCL will need to rely on better support from midfield, so we need to hope we'll be strengthening there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back