Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this summer will start mini rebuild of the starting XI and squad. We will likely sell a big name in either Richarlison or DCL to balance the books which will free up some must needed improvement throughout the squad.

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

I can't see many of these been kept on despite Delph being a good footballer, he just simply isn't constantly fit and at 32 on reportedly £80k a week. Begovic may get another year as backup.

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

Sadly I can't see Townsend or Rondon getting any more out of us. Coleman potential gets his swansong season before moving onto the coaching staff. Davies surely is in last chance saloon as an Everton player so potentially sell on. Doucoure will earn a new deal but biggest question marks are over Mina and Allan both of which earn a pretty penny and have sellability so I can see them moved on over the summer.

I think this summer will start mini rebuild of the starting XI and squad. We will likely sell a big name in either Richarlison or DCL to balance the books which will free up some must needed improvement throughout the squad.

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

I can't see many of these been kept on despite Delph being a good footballer, he just simply isn't constantly fit and at 32 on reportedly £80k a week. Begovic may get another year as backup.

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

Sadly I can't see Townsend or Rondon getting any more out of us. Coleman potential gets his swansong season before moving onto the coaching staff. Davies surely is in last chance saloon as an Everton player so potentially sell on. Doucoure will earn a new deal but biggest question marks are over Mina and Allan both of which earn a pretty penny and have sellability so I can see them moved on over the summer.
Davies I think will get a new deal, because we won’t get anything for him, I don’t rate the last abs he has no long term future, but the club will hope they can get something for him next summer.

Allan & Mina will go I think. And I wouldn’t give Doucoure a new deal, he’s nearly 30 awful on the ball and doesn’t suit the way lampard wants to play, we can’t be stuck with him at 32/33

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

With Delph an Sigurdsson leaving, selling both Doucoure and Allan leaves us with an immense amount of work to do in midfield. We would need at least three players. Thats a big ask.

It’s not really. It’s not hard to sign 3 midfielders. Ancelotti signed 2.
I’m thinking more of the finance aspect. We won’t have much money to spend. The magic of amortisation eventually comes home to roost!

We will be looking to bring in more free / low cost players.

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

Of those OOC, the only one I’d keep is Delph.

Delph, prover yesterday that if he can keep fit, he’s a cracking player. It’s just a big if. Maybe Begovic stays too, as a decent backup.

The ones I think we’ll be letting go are DCL, Alli, Gomes, Allan, Mina and then maybe Holgate and Rondon.

Certainly think the bigger earners will be moved on and with Mina, Allan, Sigurdsson, Tosun potentially off the books you’re looking at what? £300k a week off the books?

With Delph an Sigurdsson leaving, selling both Doucoure and Allan leaves us with an immense amount of work to do in midfield. We would need at least three players. Thats a big ask.
We get relegated they will all go anyway. I can't see Lampard keeping any of them next season, we will have a huge clearout this summer whichever division we are in.

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

Based on that we would need a new midfield

Of those OOC, the only one I’d keep is Delph.

Delph, prover yesterday that if he can keep fit, he’s a cracking player. It’s just a big if. Maybe Begovic stays too, as a decent backup.

The ones I think we’ll be letting go are DCL, Alli, Gomes, Allan, Mina and then maybe Holgate and Rondon.

Certainly think the bigger earners will be moved on and with Mina, Allan, Sigurdsson, Tosun potentially off the books you’re looking at what? £300k a week off the books?
Delph???

He has been unavailable for most of his time here.

I’m thinking more of the finance aspect. We won’t have much money to spend. The magic of amortisation eventually comes home to roost!

We will be looking to bring in more free / low cost players.
We will sell players
And Amortisation is an actual thing.

Not saying sign these but just off the top of my head.
Gilmour year left 20mil 7 mil on the books, Young midfielder at derby Jason knight, Frank gave him his debut. Year left on his deal 3 mil on the books.

Add, davies, iwobi. A academy youngster. But if we sell Allan and Doucoure, and loosing the others. We would need a very good fist choice midfielder. Which could be 10mil on the books.

So 20mil to sign 3 midfielders. We are 30mil better off when the 4 out of contract players leave and we will getting money selling the other midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back