Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does this Rodrigo Becao guy smell abit of agents sniffing around?

Talks with Dennis with Watford guys.......'who else you got?' 'We got this guy at Udinese, you want him?'

I very much doubt hes anywere on Lampard or Thelwells scouting lists?

I think the back 3/5 theories emanate from the fact thelwell wrote a book about playing 3 at the back and since we're already stacked with CB's and now with this link ,people are just using that to reinforce that notion.
We're "stacked" with CBs because we just bought one in on a free who is better than everyone we currently have bar Mina... But:

1) Mina's getting sold because he's on £110k(ish) per week and he misses 50% of every season due to injuries. He is an unaffordable expense.

2) Keane is on £70k per week, is 29 and has regressed in every single way since he arrived at Goodison. Tarkowski is significantly better in every aspect of play. It's "cut your losses" time for our finance department, so Keane's going.

Once those two go, we'll go to a flat back 4. Branflake will either stay and get regular minutes off the bench (5 subs now) or will go on loan to the Championship and make 35 starts. If he goes out on loan we'll bring another CB in.

Mina, Keane, Gomes and Gbamin all leaving will reduce the payroll by over £350k per week, which is more than enough to bring in a couple of free agent or loan CMs. And that's ignoring any fees generated by the sales, and the payroll savings ALREADY made by Delph / Kenny / Tosun / Gylfi all leaving...

Why would we keep extra CBs and play three at a time when we need midfielders?

Thats a good start to giving your director of football free reign!

To be fair i dont think Kenwright or Moshiri had a say in the matter either
I don’t think much would of changed but it’s not the point. Thelwell has been employed to do that side of the business

….seems like nothing has changed.
Just confirming what we all knew - a sale was needed to balance the books, and it was needed by the end of June.

Basically, whichever one of our big hitters had a suitable bid come in for them first, they were the ones that went.

It was Richy, it could have been Dom if he'd had less injury issues last season, or if any top 6 team needed a GK it'd almost certainly have been Pickford.

I don’t think much would of changed but it’s not the point. Thelwell has been employed to do that side of the business
He wasn't actually, his remit right now is a lot broader than transfers, because of how much a mess the club was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back