Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing story, that. He hired new agents months ago to work on a summer move. I don’t doubt he loves the club but it was clear he was ready to move on, and with us needing the money we were never in a position to try to hold him back, and with two years left on his contract nor should we have. I’m sure it was known at the club this was his final season long before Thelwell arrived.
But we absolutely needed the money is the point.

I think Bobble is just stressing that Thelwell didn't come in and decide to sell our best player.

However, I don't agree that this was definitely his last season at the club. Because it wasn't definite at all. It was either his last season, or Dom's last season, realistically. For a long time we all thought it would be Dom.

We're "stacked" with CBs because we just bought one in on a free who is better than everyone we currently have bar Mina... But:

1) Mina's getting sold because he's on £110k(ish) per week and he misses 50% of every season due to injuries. He is an unaffordable expense.

2) Keane is on £70k per week, is 29 and has regressed in every single way since he arrived at Goodison. Tarkowski is significantly better in every aspect of play. It's "cut your losses" time for our finance department, so Keane's going.

Once those two go, we'll go to a flat back 4. Branflake will either stay and get regular minutes off the bench (5 subs now) or will go on loan to the Championship and make 35 starts. If he goes out on loan we'll bring another CB in.

Mina, Keane, Gomes and Gbamin all leaving will reduce the payroll by over £350k per week, which is more than enough to bring in a couple of free agent or loan CMs. And that's ignoring any fees generated by the sales, and the payroll savings ALREADY made by Delph / Kenny / Tosun / Gylfi all leaving...

Why would we keep extra CBs and play three at a time when we need midfielders?
Dont know what dream world this guy lives on were clubs are going to magically rock up and buy our players that we dont want.
And even if they do want them, they are never going to match the wages they are getting here. Just look at Tosun.
No more outs this summer i reckon, unless a benfica or fenerbache or someone like that pull our pants down and we end up paying 80% of the wages

Read the full bit that I've posted above in this thread.

Anyone who didn't think Everton needed to sell a big player this summer was in denial, sadly.
I read it mate.
We all knew a sale was needed its been no secret for some time.

Just find it very weird a DOF had no part in the process.
Was it by choice "I'm not going anywhere near that "
Or Bill backdooring Thelwell and cosying up to Levy over a steak dinner.

Stinks mate.

Reactions: JLW

Thelwell will have known someone was being sold this summer and that 95% chance it was going to be Richy. There's absolutely no way he didn't. I am surprised he wasn't involved in it at all but maybe thats not his remit he might only be here for the specific job of identifying players to suit the system who knows and all negotiations are carried out by someone else i.e. kenwright (don't get me started on this one) contract dave or whoever.

Here's the full bit from Bobble...

Some reports suggested Richarlison was 'desperate' for a move? Yes, he wanted European football, but he wanted that with Everton and to succeed here! Any frustration over the sale of our best player, should firmly lie at board room level, with not even Kevin Thelwell having a say in this transfer for the record. This was a transfer to balance the books, and nothing more. A race against the clock before the July 1st deadline to process the documents (as discussed on the Benj and Bobble episode), Tottenham knew Everton's stance of 60 million was a figure we would and could not turn down. For the record, a player swap transaction with money involved was never going to happen, due to us so desperate to balance the books. Richarlison goes with my best wishes, just not when he plays against Everton.
If it is true, it doesnt worry…We will spend big again after 2-3years. I hope he can succeed here but he also needs to challenge more. Hope he will back home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back