Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa is my tip mate and I’m going to enjoy it.

That would be great but why? They have made Coutinho permanent and signed a couple of highly regarded players. They also have Some quality youth coming through. Sadly I think they will do pretty well next season. Could have problems the season after if they don’t achieve Europe and they have profit and sustainability issues like us

Here's the full bit from Bobble...

Some reports suggested Richarlison was 'desperate' for a move? Yes, he wanted European football, but he wanted that with Everton and to succeed here! Any frustration over the sale of our best player, should firmly lie at board room level, with not even Kevin Thelwell having a say in this transfer for the record. This was a transfer to balance the books, and nothing more. A race against the clock before the July 1st deadline to process the documents (as discussed on the Benj and Bobble episode), Tottenham knew Everton's stance of 60 million was a figure we would and could not turn down. For the record, a player swap transaction with money involved was never going to happen, due to us so desperate to balance the books. Richarlison goes with my best wishes, just not when he plays against Everton.
If Thelwell didn’t know or understand that Richy had to go to balance the books he’s clueless.

Nothing story, that. He hired new agents months ago to work on a summer move. I don’t doubt he loves the club but it was clear he was ready to move on, and with us needing the money we were never in a position to try to hold him back, and with two years left on his contract nor should we have. I’m sure it was known at the club this was his final season long before Thelwell arrived.
Agreed.
We needed to sell but we have known since the start of last season.

That would be great but why? They have made Coutinho permanent and signed a couple of highly regarded players. They also have Some quality youth coming through. Sadly I think they will do pretty well next season. Could have problems the season after if they don’t achieve Europe and they have profit and sustainability issues like us

Countino isn’t the player he was watching him last season mate, their form disintegrated after an initial bounce and I don’t think they have spent wisely. Not sure the Slip Master, is up it, to be Frank (Pun intended).

They 20000% aren’t getting Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back