Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may well have seen them mate. Sorry I don't recall them specifically.

I do agree with you 100% though. 5-2-3 would be absolutely suicidal for us, we simply don't have the type of midfielders needed for it and the ones that fit the bill are way beyond our financial means. The personnel we have available (more importantly, the ones we'd want to keep) lend themselves to a 4-3-3 and we currently only need one good DM and one good wide attacker (right sided) in order to field a stronger first XI than we did last year.

After those two arrivals we'd then be able to improve the first XI in a number of ways (subject to selling some high-wage, low contribution players like Mina, Keane, Gomes and Gbamin to clear more space on the payroll and build a modest transfer budget). Bring in another CM, a second DM and another forward who can play centrally AND wide right, and suddenly we're distinctly improved.

Pickford

Patterson - Tarkowski - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi - NEW DM - Doucoure

NEW RW - Calvert-Lewin - Gordon/Gray

Iwobi midfield, gordon and gray STRIKER?!?

And then in game two onwards injuries set in and we have Davies, Holgate or Godfrey has DM and Rondon up front

And where do we wedge in Dele in the new RW role?
See my comments (in the post you quoted) about bringing in a second DM, a CM and a forward who can play CF and RW. We need depth, but we should create depth by signing players who are better than the current weakest players in our best current starting XI. Our best current starting XI is the one in the post you quoted.

Alli doesn't fit in a 433 or a 523. He's either the most advanced midfielder in a diamond, or a very advanced 10 in a 4231, or a second striker in any formation with 2 up front. In fact, he's probably a better CF than Rondon.

Anyone new linked i have seen Onana talked about,
No, apart from Onana he mainly talked about Dennis(interesting he added that he could be available for 18m) Broja, and MGW. Winks was mentioned but we didn't want to add an obligation in the loan so we have walked away for now. Gomes and Mina available but nobody matching our valuation yet.

I think I have more chance of making my debut then we have of playing 433, like.
Right at this very moment, with the current squad, that's our most effective setup. Plus we can immediately upgrade it by bringing in better players at two specific positions, and those same two upgrades would also then allow us to switch to a 4231 with Alli or Iwobi playing in the 10 position.

If Lampard wants to switch to a 343, a 523 or a 532 then two things have to be considered:

Firstly, the best current XI in any of those formations is weaker than our best current XI in a 433.

And secondly we would need more than two new first XI players to achieve the same upgrade that two new faces in a 433 would achieve.

Right at this very moment, with the current squad, that's our most effective setup. Plus we can immediately upgrade it by bringing in better players at two specific positions, and those same two upgrades would also then allow us to switch to a 4231 with Alli or Iwobi playing in the 10 position.

If Lampard wants to switch to a 343, a 523 or a 532 then two things have to be considered:

Firstly, the best current XI in any of those formations is weaker than our best current XI in a 433.

And secondly we would need more than two new first XI players to achieve the same upgrade that two new faces in a 433 would achieve.
All our CBs stink and we want to put three on the field. I truly can't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back