Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gomes will go, but nobody is paying money for him, IMO, why would they? Hes also not taking a pay cut, why would he?

Loan for sure, with us paying 70% of his wages.

Absolutely, they’d be mad to give us actual money. 2 year long loans where we save about £30k p/w and he leaves on a free seems most likely.

Looking at highly paid players and us rarely recouping fees, could do with getting rid of Mina and Allan this summer for a few quid each, only got 1 year left each.

It’s looking bleak isn’t it? Some won’t have the stomach for it.
For others it’s fully engrained in us.

It’s looking like staying in the division whilst balancing the books is the order of the day until we move into the new stadium. We’ll do well to if we don’t spend a penny for another 2 summers (including this one).

Have to say, things do look a bit bleak at the moment. I was hoping we’d see a bit of a reset this summer but the rumours are at best uninspiring and at worst seriously concerning. Obviously you never know what’s going on behind the scenes but with less than a month til the season starts I think we need to see signs of life soon or this is going to be another very difficult season.

Have to say, things do look a bit bleak at the moment. I was hoping we’d see a bit of a reset this summer but the rumours are at best uninspiring and at worst seriously concerning. Obviously you never know what’s going on behind the scenes but with less than a month til the season starts I think we need to see signs of life soon or this is going to be another very difficult season.
The fact that we didn’t have anything lined up for when Rich went is the worst part. If we were really in the market, there’s no reason we couldn’t have been further along, knowing he’d be off at some point. We survived by the skin of our teeth and are in worse shape now than the end of the season. Still a month to get things done, but it seems more and more like we’re shopping the bargain bins and don’t really have a plan yet again.

The fact that we didn’t have anything lined up for when Rich went is the worst part. If we were really in the market, there’s no reason we couldn’t have been further along, knowing he’d be off at some point. We survived by the skin of our teeth and are in worse shape now than the end of the season. Still a month to get things done, but it seems more and more like we’re shopping the bargain bins and don’t really have a plan yet again.
I know its only media links and we should take it all with a pinch of salt, but its honestly like we are ringing around every club in the world and asking if they have anybody that we can pay for over the next 10 years.

Even with the expected profit from last year, we're still absolutely loads over the limit for losses over the past three years together. We'll only be allowed to spend what the Prem say we can spend.
It’s right aswell. State of our sponsorship deals and wages we spunk out. I’m not surprised they are keeping us on a tight leash. They don’t want to be handing out points deductions as it looks bad. They don’t trust our owners and rightfully so.

Doin my head not knowin how much if any Wev got to spend , as per usaul the echo not askin any questions as to what’s going on , and who ever started that phrase wiggle room needs to leg it

Well we’ve got no money but at least we’ve got a world class academy to fall back o- yeaaaaaah we ballsed that one up too didn’t we?

Just listened to that bobble pod sounds like we can't afford to pay much up front on deals again hence we are going to be waiting and waiting again. Broja and or MGW sound the closest but still all about how the deals are structured and whether they choose us. Good to hear we are going for more physical DMs mind you.

We’re skint aren’t we?

Like properly, full-on mid 2000’s, spend no actual money on a transfer for 5 windows again kind of skint.
Yes people need to wise up our finances are absolutely criminal. We still need to shift the likes of Gomes and Mina sounds like

When we went for tarkowski I thought it was sensible low cost option but also was wary this might be indicative of our overall approach that might replicate last year's meager summer window. Still early but it doesn't bode well especially with the rotten state of the squad and that we pedaled our best player to potentially keep us from violating FFP.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back