Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have liked to get players in early. But obviously Richy was to the balance the books and we couldn’t do anything until that was done. We don’t have millions to waste so we can’t spend a tonne on one as we need to ensure we have the pieces in place.

All we can do is wait until 1st September and see where we are.

It is a little concerning we haven`t been in the market to improve this squad, especially as we have just lost Richy.

Pre-season training has started, International players back next week and the Premier League kicks off in 31 days..... What could go wrong?

You just know Everton are going to the transfer deadline, if we cant stregthen significantly we might not be so lucky next season without Richy`s goals.

I guess we have to trust Lamps and Thelwell but I wish they`d hurry it along....

We've improved our defence

How much do you reckon we have this summer Goat? I’m genuinely stumped. My best guess is we have about £25m tops for one player but need about 3 positions filling so don’t know who to spend it on.
I dunno man, its an utter crap show, I thought we would have the Richy money to spend, but its looking very unlikely.

Personally, I think the Dele deal peed off The Premier League and they are on our case, so yeah, we could probably stretch to 1 signing for actual cash money, maybe 2, but we look like we want frees and loans before we do anything.

What a mess we are in.

2 summers now where we are just skinto, but this 1 is so much worse cos I think we all thought we were selling Richy to spend, but as I say, its looking unlikely, so far.

Still here mate and not been run out of town just yet ??
As someone privy to Everton inside details, I know you can't divulge much, is there anything that you've seen or heard especially with a new DOF that would make Everton fans optimistic? Like a different recruitment approach on targets as an example

I dunno man, its an utter crap show, I thought we would have the Richy money to spend, but its looking very unlikely.

Personally, I think the Dele deal peed off The Premier League and they are on our case, so yeah, we could probably stretch to 1 signing for actual cash money, maybe 2, but we look like we want frees and loans before we do anything.

What a mess we are in.

2 summers now where we are just skinto, but this 1 is so much worse cos I think we all thought we were selling Richy to spend, but as I say, its looking unlikely, so far.
Feel like that’s what we’re doing too, trying to fleece the loan and free market for all it’s worth ie Winks, Lingard, Eriksen etc, and then spend what little money we have on the remaining position(s). Bleak.

I was really hoping Benfica would be stupid enough to lash £10m at us for Gomes, but alas.

Feel like that’s what we’re doing too, trying to fleece the loan and free market for all it’s worth ie Winks, Lingard, Eriksen etc, and then spend what little money we have on the remaining position(s). Bleak.

I was really hoping Benfica would be stupid enough to lash £10m at us for Gomes, but alas.
I think Gomes will go, but nobody is paying money for him, IMO, why would they? Hes also not taking a pay cut, why would he?

Loan for sure, with us paying 70% of his wages.

So for the regulars on thread who would be a ideal candidate for recruitment that would be realistic, suit our needs and be affordable? Also not make my eyes bleed when watching them play?
Good lord I’d somehow forgotten about that. Have we not suffered enough?
Kenwright was in charge then too, absolute disgrace what’s been allowed to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back