Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the regulars on thread who would be a ideal candidate for recruitment that would be realistic, suit our needs and be affordable? Also not make my eyes bleed when watching them play?

So for the regulars on thread who would be a ideal candidate for recruitment that would be realistic, suit our needs and be affordable? Also not make my eyes bleed when watching them play?

….people within the club are paid a lot of money to know the global markets & identify such players that fit how Lampard wants to play.

Personally, I have no idea.

Did nobody actually see Barkley at Villa? He was absolutely dreadful and even that was a couple of years ago now!! Literally hasn’t kicked a ball in anger since. He finished, totally and utterly finished. If we make a move, then that just shows the desperate situation we’re in.

Nobody cheap enough to meet that criteria. Let's just hope Lampard can get a tune out of the kids like he did in his first season at Chelsea.

I know principles are important in life but...

Barkley would definitely strengthen our midfield.

It's a shame how his career ended with us because with our financial position, another free transfer that strengthens the team would've been delightful.

He really wouldn’t. He isn’t the Barkley that left, he is a shadow of that player. Let’s move on

I find the apparent stance on Winks to be reassuring. (this assumes we were actually in for him, who know if that is true or not)

We want a loan and they want a sale. Instead of caving and paying a stupid fee we are moving to other targets/positions. If he is still there at the end of the window we can go back and see if their resolve holds or if suddenly a loan to is more appealing to them.

Just like as soon as Erikson committed to United you see the links to Gibbs White.

Maybe, just maybe, there is an actual strategy with some resolve behind it at play.

I find the apparent stance on Winks to be reassuring. (this assumes we were actually in for him, who know if that is true or not)

We want a loan and they want a sale. Instead of caving and paying a stupid fee we are moving to other targets/positions. If he is still there at the end of the window we can go back and see if their resolve holds or if suddenly a loan to is more appealing to them.

Just like as soon as Erikson committed to United you see the links to Gibbs White.

Maybe, just maybe, there is an actual strategy with some resolve behind it at play.
Working our way through a list, but will we end up at the bottom of it?

We've got Allan, Alli, Doucoure and Iwobi all wanting to play either as CMs or attacking central midfielders, and all on £80k+ p/w. On top of that there is also Gomes on £120k p/w and Davies and Gbamin on around £100k combined.

We won't be playing a 5-2-3 unless:

a) we fail bring in a single new midfielder; or

b) we sell Allan, Alli, Gomes and Gbamin AND somehow manage to bring in an absolutely elite CM.

It is far more likely that we'll sell Mina + 1 other CB, and two of Allan, Gomes and Gbamin, and bring in a couple of new faces: a DM and a CM, allowing us to play 433.
If you haven`t seen my previous posts, I hope to god we don`t play 5-2-3, in my view it must be 4-3-3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back