Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d genuinely would love to know how many scouts Everton have and where they are based ? Links to English players / based players is ok but other teams are scouting throughout Europe and beyond . Why aren’t we ?? I went to a game over here in Dublin last night . Shamrock Rovers were playing in the first round of champions league . There are some really exciting young players in the league of Ireland . Also Josh knight at Derby .. There’s players out there that could be worth a gamble .

Comparing to Dowell is mad mate, he never did anything at top level - Gordon came into a car wreck of a season and was our second best outfield player last season after Richy.

He may not become a superstar, but a 35m player these days usually isn't.

We sell him for 35, we buy a KLP for 20 and 'hope' he can perform in this league, or a MGW for 25 with the sane hope, if they don't we've lost a player we know can but hey made 10m which will be swallowed up anyways.

We've got in this entire dude two players who look to beat a man - Gray and Gordon, Gordon does is regularly with ease, he's just turned 21 this year and if you ask what you want in a winger it'd be energy, pace the ability to go past a player and one who works hard and one who produces in the final third.

Gordon has every one if those things besides the last which at Under 21 England level he has been showing this season. So reason to believe it's in his locker to do so.
I’m not comparing him to Dowell or Rooney ability wise, more of what career path he will take.

I get the love in for Gordon and hope he stays and goes on to be a huge player for us this season and beyond. My personnel opinion is i haven’t seen nowhere near enough ability wise to think he’s going to be our next big thing.

He stood out last season because quite frankly everyone around was piss poor, he was wasteful in possession in the final third and set pieces. I’m not slating the lad I’m just not going overboard thinking we have 50-60 mil player on our hands.

Maybe am being a bit too harsh on him as he’s still very young, many many players have been bigged up after a decent first season and don’t kick on like everyone expects.

Next season will be tougher than this as he’s made a little name for himself so he will be targeted.

I’m not comparing him to Dowell or Rooney ability wise, more of what career path he will take.

I get the love in for Gordon and hope he stays and goes on to be a huge player for us this season and beyond. My personnel opinion is i haven’t seen nowhere near enough ability wise to think he’s going to be our next big thing.

He stood out last season because quite frankly everyone around was piss poor, he was wasteful in possession in the final third and set pieces. I’m not slating the lad I’m just not going overboard thinking we have 50-60 mil player on our hands.

Maybe am being a bit too harsh on him as he’s still very young, many many players have been bigged up after a decent first season and don’t kick on like everyone expects.

Next season will be tougher than this as he’s made a little name for himself so he will be targeted.
Last season mate he absolutely have nightmares to some players who are msssively rated as being top quality.

Character and drive at a certain level are a huge factor, this lad has it, Rooney had it too, same with our boss now and a lot of other very good players Barry, slippy G, Vardy etc look at Barkley, Dowell sadly Dele, Lingard, and they are missing it.

Want to see the effect, look at Iwobi when a manager got into his head and brought that out of him, he went from being woeful and pretty much disliked to winning over a large number.

Gordon has the pace and ability to beat a player, close control and attitude you don't often see especially in one so young, very very few players are 'complete' after one season at 20, but I'd take the one who has shown thongs already it's impossible to coach into a player

We currently have two wingers in the entire squad. We just sold our best player. Whilst I agree he isn't the finished article he also puts in a huge shift and improved over the last season, he will unduobtedly improve his attacking output over time. 35m isn't enough to even consider it. He is a blue we need that dna in the team. Those wanting to sell our only current good players seem to ignore the fact we are struggling to replace our best player right now, do you have faith the money will be reinvested wisely?
I’m no expert on the finances, but if it’s about an annual profit and loss, and it’s y/e on June 30th (the day we ‘had to’ sell Richy) why would we consider selling Gordon even if we needed the money.

In theory, we could get a year out of him. See him grow and improve (likely). Increase in value (likely). Then sell for more money before June 30 2023.

Is that assessment wrong?

When is our first pre-season game? It won't be till then probably that Lampard might comment on incomings, and give us a feel for what the situation is. I hope he hasn't been sold a pup, and if he has, I think he won't sit on his hands about it.

There is a possibility though that the financial situation may have deteriorated in the meantime since transfer plans were drawn up. I wonder if that fuss from Burnley and Leeds and who knows else, has caused the PL to become more stringent with regard to this? In the absence of any comms from the club, it's hard not to be worried.

When is our first pre-season game? It won't be till then probably that Lampard might comment on incomings, and give us a feel for what the situation is. I hope he hasn't been sold a pup, and if he has, I think he won't sit on his hands about it.

There is a possibility though that the financial situation may have deteriorated in the meantime since transfer plans were drawn up. I wonder if that fuss from Burnley and Leeds and who knows else, has caused the PL to become more stringent with regard to this? In the absence of any comms from the club, it's hard not to be worried.

Why?

Andros Townsend is a perfect squad player. He did well last season and got some important goals. In a 26 man squad we need players with Townsend’s quality. Even more important this season when we move to five substitutes.

Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.
Not only that, but early returns seem to point to the ability to recover from injury... ;)

Jokes aside, he seems a professional who is willing to put in the work and can contribute - even if off of the bench.

I don't want him to be in our first XI, but in the 26 man squad - especially given where the club is right now - yes, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back