Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they've replaced those two players already, whether they'll be weaker for it time will tell. They have, even if it's just an illusion, made contingencies for losing their two best players and have acted accordingly.

We appear to have been caught entirely off guard by the Richarlison sale, despite the fact that everybody who has even a passing interest in football knew we had to sell a player.

The season kicks off in a month and we currently have a squad that would do very, very well to survive next season. We simply have to get a move on.

And finally, the word 'bedwetting' should be banned on here. You have six years of evidence under the Moshiri reign of terror to know that expressions of concern about anything Everton-related are usually well-placed.
Of course you're right.

Consider me banned mon ami.

For me we play 433, we don't have the midfielders technical enough for a 343 & too many wingers for 352.

Godfrey & Tarkowski should be first choice then we have Keane (I'd get rid but no interest) Mina (best defender but I'd get shot off due to ridiculous injury record) Holgate (realistically think we could get a decent fee for him) & Branthwaite (I would keep as the first choice rotation for the centre Half's) not sure what will happen with the fullbacks but a pre season for Patterson & Nkounkou can only be a good thing.

Allan, Iwobi, Doucoure & Dele all should fight it out for the 2 attacking positions in a 433, Davies backup for defensive mid, get rid of Gbamin (injury's) Gomes (crab) bring in a holding midfielder that's mobile and can pass with both feet Mathias Normann (would be very cheap and was pretty good, if you watch him you can see he would be perfect for a 433 & for us with our lack of funds)

Forward line needs the most work in my opinion, we have no goals and we are looking at bargains clearly. Townsend isn't available until 2023 so we have Gordon & Gray as wingers, both best on the left.

I'd go for Reiss Nelson on the right who would be very cheap, last year of contract at Arsenal, very fast and more of a playmaker than an out and out wideman & then another for the right maybe Chukwueze who's in the last year of contract too & Lampard has been interested since being at Chelsea.

Calvert-Lewin & Rondon isn't enough, I'd get rid of Rondon, bring Pukki in for a nominal fee who has great movement and is a good Prem goalscorer & then get another, a young punt for somewhere around Europe. Would love us to go for Beto of Udinese but he is out our price range.

May not be sexy superstar names but all they are reliable players that are realistic.

Also see how Simms & Onyango play in the league

For me we play 433, we don't have the midfielders technical enough for a 343 & too many wingers for 352.

Godfrey & Tarkowski should be first choice then we have Keane (I'd get rid but no interest) Mina (best defender but I'd get shot off due to ridiculous injury record) Holgate (realistically think we could get a decent fee for him) & Branthwaite (I would keep as the first choice rotation for the centre Half's) not sure what will happen with the fullbacks but a pre season for Patterson & Nkounkou can only be a good thing.

Allan, Iwobi, Doucoure & Dele all should fight it out for the 2 attacking positions in a 433, Davies backup for defensive mid, get rid of Gbamin (injury's) Gomes (crab) bring in a holding midfielder that's mobile and can pass with both feet Mathias Normann (would be very cheap and was pretty good, if you watch him you can see he would be perfect for a 433 & for us with our lack of funds)

Forward line needs the most work in my opinion, we have no goals and we are looking at bargains clearly. Townsend isn't available until 2023 so we have Gordon & Gray as wingers, both best on the left.

I'd go for Reiss Nelson on the right who would be very cheap, last year of contract at Arsenal, very fast and more of a playmaker than an out and out wideman & then another for the right maybe Chukwueze who's in the last year of contract too & Lampard has been interested since being at Chelsea.

Calvert-Lewin & Rondon isn't enough, I'd get rid of Rondon, bring Pukki in for a nominal fee who has great movement and is a good Prem goalscorer & then get another, a young punt for somewhere around Europe. Would love us to go for Beto of Udinese but he is out our price range.

May not be sexy superstar names but all they are reliable players that are realistic.

Also see how Simms & Onyango play in the league
Come on Pat...... Reiss Nelson, Normann, Pukki thats your signings.... i'm going to go be sick in the toilet

Keeping everything crossed for two rumours:
- <newly promoted club> in talks with Everton over deal for Keane/Holgate
- Andre Gomes to return to Portugal in £5m deal

Chuck in an 'Andros Townsend/Rondon agrees to leave Everton by mutual consent' somehow and this window would be pukka
Actually think Townsend is the kind of professional you want to keep around the squad

Or we could spend £30m on superstar Broja who scored 6 goals, I'm being realistic with what our budget is
You mean a player with potential, who has done well on loan on two occasion's.

Your not being realistic, as we have more money to spend and it could be spent more wisely than three players who would be lucky to make the bench. Would just line up next to gomes, davies etc etc.

Actually think Townsend is the kind of professional you want to keep around the squad
Andros Townsend is a perfect squad player. He did well last season and got some important goals. In a 26 man squad we need players with Townsend’s quality. Even more important this season when we move to five substitutes.

Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.

Andros Townsend is a perfect squad player. He did well last season and got some important goals. In a 26 man squad we need players with Townsend’s quality. Even more important this season when we move to five substitutes.

Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.
I tend to agree with this too. He's certainly more valuable as an asset to come on & change a game than Gomes or Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back