Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little concerning we haven`t been in the market to improve this squad, especially as we have just lost Richy.

Pre-season training has started, International players back next week and the Premier League kicks off in 31 days..... What could go wrong?

You just know Everton are going to the transfer deadline, if we cant stregthen significantly we might not be so lucky next season without Richy`s goals.

I guess we have to trust Lamps and Thelwell but I wish they`d hurry it along....

It is a little concerning we haven`t been in the market to improve this squad, especially as we have just lost Richy.

Pre-season training has started, International players back next week and the Premier League kicks off in 31 days..... What could go wrong?

You just know Everton are going to the transfer deadline, if we cant stregthen significantly we might not be so lucky next season without Richy`s goals.

I guess we have to trust Lamps and Thelwell but I wish they`d hurry it along....
I don't think the issue is Lampard and Thelwell buddy!

I'm sure we'd all like to get things sorted early, but in Everton's position, I guess we'll just have to wait.

Clubs will want top dollar to transfer their players initially, so we'll have to wait till nearer the end of the window, when prices might be more realistic. On top of that, players, even free transfer ones, might think at this point that they've a chance of a top-of-the-league team and/or a 10 year contract at a million pounds a second. It's perhaps only toward the end of the window that they'll consider relegation escapees, and sensible contracts. Maybe clubs with potential loan players might wait till pre-season is well underway before parting with their squad on loan, in case of a flurry of pre-season injuries in their squad. The only players our club could easily sign early would be from lower tier leagues, or poorly paid foreign leagues, where the players would think they'd won a lottery. That's just what happens when you're a low-performing, broke, outfit like wot we is.

We are in the market its whether we have the dough to complete the deals and whether they want to come to us.

The fact that we have another manager/dof yet we are still seeing that approach of 'leaving it' during the window would suggest that much of our transfer stuff is still ultimately being directed from the boardroom imo. nothing has changed from what I can see (so far anyway)

My guess is that they know we HAVE to get these signings right, no room for error.

Pretty much been like this for a good many seasons now . I'm as impatient as most but temper my expectations now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back