Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we went for tarkowski I thought it was sensible low cost option but also was wary this might be indicative of our overall approach that might replicate last year's meager summer window. Still early but it doesn't bode well especially with the rotten state of the squad and that we pedaled our best player to potentially keep us from violating FFP.

Or we might be making some sensible free purchases in order to use our main budget on some quality additions. Either way Tarkowski is a great signing.

Or we might be making some sensible free purchases in order to use our main budget on some quality additions. Either way Tarkowski is a great signing.
I envy your optimism, hope you're correct I'm very jaded at this point but I agree about tarkowski hes better than anything we have bar mina but he's perpetually injured so he doesn't really count

I think we all need to relax a little. It’s very early in the transfer window.

Even though our board are incompetent at best they 100% won’t want another season like last and risk another relegation battle and neither still Lampard. We will get the signings. Just ignore the rumours as they are mostly made up. Hopefully we have a few in before the start of the season.

Plus Gbamin will be a like a new signing ??

I envy your optimism, hope you're correct I'm very jaded at this point but I agree about tarkowski hes better than anything we have bar mina but he's perpetually injured so he doesn't really count
Very very early days yet, some players are still on holiday.

I think we all need to relax a little. It’s very early in the transfer window.

Even though our board are incompetent at best they 100% won’t want another season like last and risk another relegation battle and neither still Lampard. We will get the signings. Just ignore the rumours as they are mostly made up. Hopefully we have a few in before the start of the season.

Plus Gbamin will be a like a new signing ??
I like your optimism, but important to remember that the season starts earlier this year to accommodate the WC. Exactly one month until our first league match against Chelsea, so there is some urgency. Our only preseason match against a PL opponent is in 10 days.

If you haven`t seen my previous posts, I hope to god we don`t play 5-2-3, in my view it must be 4-3-3...
I may well have seen them mate. Sorry I don't recall them specifically.

I do agree with you 100% though. 5-2-3 would be absolutely suicidal for us, we simply don't have the type of midfielders needed for it and the ones that fit the bill are way beyond our financial means. The personnel we have available (more importantly, the ones we'd want to keep) lend themselves to a 4-3-3 and we currently only need one good DM and one good wide attacker (right sided) in order to field a stronger first XI than we did last year.

After those two arrivals we'd then be able to improve the first XI in a number of ways (subject to selling some high-wage, low contribution players like Mina, Keane, Gomes and Gbamin to clear more space on the payroll and build a modest transfer budget). Bring in another CM, a second DM and another forward who can play centrally AND wide right, and suddenly we're distinctly improved.

Pickford

Patterson - Tarkowski - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi - NEW DM - Doucoure

NEW RW - Calvert-Lewin - Gordon/Gray

I think the problem we have right now is any player worth their salt will have multiple premier league suitors. There is currently very few clubs we can compete with for the profile of player we want to attract (younger high potential).

If you are the agent of one of these players you would be directing them towards Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton etc.. These clubs have an environment which gives these players the best chance to develop

If you look at us in recent seasons outside of Gordon we have not really given youth a chance. We are a very unstable football club and the environment is high pressure because the demands of the supporters are high compared to some of these other teams

Sadly we are much more likely to sign Sky 6 cast offs like Winks and Lingard. It is going to be a difficult cycle to get out of.

I suspect Tarkowski only joined us because he wanted to say in the North west. Sad times

So for the regulars on thread who would be a ideal candidate for recruitment that would be realistic, suit our needs and be affordable? Also not make my eyes bleed when watching them play?
Jason Knight from Derby.

Central midfielder, 21 years old, current contract expires in June 2023. Something like £6m would get him, I reckon.

I may well have seen them mate. Sorry I don't recall them specifically.

I do agree with you 100% though. 5-2-3 would be absolutely suicidal for us, we simply don't have the type of midfielders needed for it and the ones that fit the bill are way beyond our financial means. The personnel we have available (more importantly, the ones we'd want to keep) lend themselves to a 4-3-3 and we currently only need one good DM and one good wide attacker (right sided) in order to field a stronger first XI than we did last year.

After those two arrivals we'd then be able to improve the first XI in a number of ways (subject to selling some high-wage, low contribution players like Mina, Keane, Gomes and Gbamin to clear more space on the payroll and build a modest transfer budget). Bring in another CM, a second DM and another forward who can play centrally AND wide right, and suddenly we're distinctly improved.

Pickford

Patterson - Tarkowski - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi - NEW DM - Doucoure

NEW RW - Calvert-Lewin - Gordon/Gray

And then in game two onwards injuries set in and we have Davies, Holgate or Godfrey has DM and Rondon up front

And where do we wedge in Dele in the new RW role?

Just listened to that bobble pod sounds like we can't afford to pay much up front on deals again hence we are going to be waiting and waiting again. Broja and or MGW sound the closest but still all about how the deals are structured and whether they choose us. Good to hear we are going for more physical DMs mind you.
Anyone new linked i have seen Onana talked about,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back