Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well West ham, Leicester made bids of 30m plus not long ago and Frank wanted him at chelsea.

So Zagadou and Umtiti are not stop gaps? if you had mentioned players of a higher caliber I would had got you reasoning.

One injury prone and on ridiculous wages and not played in years and a player that Dortmund let happily go on a free with only hoffenheim interested.

Or someone that is prem proven, has the best defensive stats from last year and doesn't miss a game.
Ok being linked with moves means nothing. And has burnley not just let go tarks go on a free with only Everton and aston villa interested? Cant use that in this argument.
May not seem like im happy we have improved on our CBs but this is not the kind of signing we should be making in any way if we have ambitions. You want us to be a stable mid table team? I dont i want us to be a stable european/CL team

Ok being linked with moves means nothing. And has burnley not just let go tarks go on a free with only Everton and aston villa interested? Cant use that in this argument.
May not seem like im happy we have improved on our CBs but this is not the kind of signing we should be making in any way if we have ambitions. You want us to be a stable mid table team? I dont i want us to be a stable european/CL team
We don’t have any money, and our ambition next season is limited to surviving.

Hdd we can s precisely the sort of player we need.

Hmmm.. that’s not based on any actual evidence is it?

All the top teams ? So city? Who don’t play with a target man ?
Or the rs who again don’t play with one , spurs ? DCL will add more to their team than Kane? Chelsea? I do t think he would .

DCL link up play is bad and he would not fit into any side that plays against teams that park the bus and need quick passing and a good touch under pressure ..
City have Haaland now; think he qualifies as a target man

Ill give you the wages because obviously there would be a huge jump between tark and my suggestions. But we have done this prem proven thing and how often does it work? Pickford and richy are the only prem proven that id say worked out in recent history, delph, siggy,walcot,iwobi,delph,rondon. Feel free to add any more. I want us to be BETTER and not just better than LAST YEAR. And a relegated CB ( from a poo team) doesnt take us there. We beat aston villa and Newcastle to this signing that anyone could of got? Go us
Well getting BETTER won’t just happen over night it’s going to take a few seasons and needs a manager to be part of that journey not swapping and changing managers and back room staff zero stability doing that. So Tarkowski while sounding a little exotic might not be the best but it’s actually a start to the building blocks of our poor defence if we can add to this and so be it with frees or loans then that also moves us forward via ffp as well as strengthening the squad. We’ve messed up playing football manager splashing money last few seasons so we need to steady the ship whilst also moving forward, hard balance to get but we need to try to remain patient and at least give frank and thelwell time and a chance to come up with something, not ideal situation but only option I see us having at the moment.

This whole thing regarding our finances stink....
How is it fair that we get penalized for spending our owners money and making losses but not accruing debt....
Then Barca go lashing money about and sigining new players when they can't even pay the full wages of the players they already have?
Pique, etc all deferring wages , apparently telling de jong if he wants his move he has to write off 17mill in wages they haven't paid him

This window is panning out like last summer.

We will mainly be signing free transfers and loans unless DCL or Mina leave.

My guess is that at present we don’t have a transfer budget, or if we do, it’s tiny.

What I will say though is that we are best with our backs against the wall. When I am at lowest ebb with them, they pull out performances.

Loans

And lots of them is what we need

df9fe8d71f55267d9e980e5c84f0ce11.jpg

We better hope that are a few shrewd moves to be made. Considering we were able to reinvest the Digne money immediately into Patterson and Mykolenko makes me somewhat hopeful that we'll at least be able to use some of the Richy money. Unfortunately waiting out the market for deals is less than ideal this summer with the early start.

I'd use the bulk of our budget on a good midfielder who can sort of run the show. I don't know if that's Zinchenko but that's the sort of deal I'd be looking to close. City don't need cash upfront and if the player is keen we should be able to make it happen. Then if we can get a couple of loans in, maybe one from Chelsea and one elsewhere.

As one hypothetical, if we buy Zinchenko, loan Gilmour and a good forward we would be in alright shape. But extremely fragile and with no depth.

Well getting BETTER won’t just happen over night it’s going to take a few seasons and needs a manager to be part of that journey not swapping and changing managers and back room staff zero stability doing that. So Tarkowski while sounding a little exotic might not be the best but it’s actually a start to the building blocks of our poor defence if we can add to this and so be it with frees or loans then that also moves us forward via ffp as well as strengthening the squad. We’ve messed up playing football manager splashing money last few seasons so we need to steady the ship whilst also moving forward, hard balance to get but we need to try to remain patient and at least give frank and thelwell time and a chance to come up with something, not ideal situation but only option I see us having at the moment.
I know it wont happen overnight and i have been patient dince moshri came in, the team wont be built overnight blah blah blah. Our transfer strategy seems the same even with a new DOF. how about you look through the free agents and then tell me he was the best option, its a sad time when people get shouts just cause they can remain fit. If you think you will ever see tarks in a CL team or even Europa team you are mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back