Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
U can say that all u want but if u look at all the other signings they were absolutely horrific

This deal actually has potential as tarkowski was stuck in a terrible team and held that defence together. Without him they would of finished lower than Norwich and that’s saying something

I think for a player like tarks to come in on a free considering he was linked with a move for 40 mil to West Ham a couple seasons ago is pretty cheeky if I say so myself
This feels like make believe to me

U can say that all u want but if u look at all the other signings they were absolutely horrific

This deal actually has potential as tarkowski was stuck in a terrible team and held that defence together. Without him they would of finished lower than Norwich and that’s saying something

I think for a player like tarks to come in on a free considering he was linked with a move for 40 mil to West Ham a couple seasons ago is pretty cheeky if I say so myself

That is giving my nightmares of siggy all over again, that was his arguement with swansea when he came from there he linked their team together. He may of been linked but that doesnt make him any better, tosun was meant to leave here years ago through links. Noone has ever or will ever pay 40m for tarks and theres a reason for that. And come this time next year we will be stuck with a 30 year old on high ish wages, whos most probably signing on me. with no resale value. If you want to use financial reasons in the long run this is bad

One is a finished defender that doesn’t get a sniff past Eric Garcia

One has been a complete no one for 2 years

One is prem proven and on lower wages
And Umtiti has dodgy knees apparently and didnt move an inch from his place in the stands / sub bench when Barcelona were in dire needs to offload players, instead still picking up a enormous salary. So Bolasie / Tosun II no thank you !

That is giving my nightmares of siggy all over again, that was his arguement with swansea when he came from there he linked their team together. He may of been linked but that doesnt make him any better, tosun was meant to leave here years ago through links. Noone has ever or will ever pay 40m for tarks and theres a reason for that. And come this time next year we will be stuck with a 30 year old on high ish wages, whos most probably signing on me. with no resale value. If you want to use financial reasons in the long run this is bad
You’ve got a good point

And I don’t think financially he’ll do anything amazing in the long term but the main fact is that he’s a solid experienced centre back that wins headers and isn’t scared of a tackle as we saw on Richie

we’ve made a couple
Of big sales when we were blowin all that doe lukaku Gueye stones even got a bit back from klassen i don’t get how it only seems to be us who are in the mess ,

And Umtiti has dodgy knees apparently and didnt move an inch from his place in the stands / sub bench when Barcelona were in dire needs to offload players, instead still picking up a enormous salary. So Bolasie / Tosun II no thank you !
I mean, from their POV why would they move? ESPECIALLY players who know they will never EVER make those wages again. Umtiti is basically finished, but he got his World Cup, his Champions League, his La Liga, tons of cups and an ENORMOUS wedge.

Ok lets make someone who can stay fit our highest earner. You say bolasie mark 2, i say we've signed alvarez mark 2

I would take him over both them !!!

There is a reason no one apart from a few lower level teams want them both Zagadou and Umtiti
Is there a reason why only aston villa and Newcastle came in for tarks? I mean if your happy being a mid ish level team then looks like this is your signing. Yes he is definitely an upgrade on our defenders but im tired of stop gaps. He is not our long term CB. Nor is he good enough for any aspiring teams in a perfect world for me he would be 3rd choice

FWIW when Richy left the club briefed certain national journos with close ties (ex Echo, not current Echo) that Lampard would get ‘at least half’ the initial fee (plus or minus depending on wages) and ‘most’ of any subsequent sales providing they did not incur book losses.

Our continuing caution seems to suggest this is the reality.

It is not a cash issue but an amortisation & wage challenge. The Richy sale freed up £12-15m (depending on which figures you believe) of combined annual wage and amortisation and that is our reinvestment limit.

The other wages/amortisation saved on expired contracts have all been consumed in full just to reduce our projected losses. They did not free up significant spending though did allow Tarkowski to be agreed and brought in ‘early’.

We will spend but every £ we commit to deal A limits our ability to do other deals. It is Moyes era tight budgeting and careful decision-making for this summer and likely beyond. That may not prove to be a bad thing.
Grim reading , if ancelloti would have stayed with the wages we were on would we have been in a even worse mess ?

You’ve got a good point

And I don’t think financially he’ll do anything amazing in the long term but the main fact is that he’s a solid experienced centre back that wins headers and isn’t scared of a tackle as we saw on Richie
Like dont get me wrong im happy we have improved CB im just thinking bigger picture. Like we hear all this we aren't going to go the same way transfer wise we brought in thewell to help run transfers different. And guess what. We have just made a 29 year old former burnley man whos team just got relegated our HIGHEST earner. Like now look at the recent players earning over 100k a week for us and tell us whos worth it? We are everton and our highest earners are ande gomez and tarks.

Is there a reason why only aston villa and Newcastle came in for tarks? I mean if your happy being a mid ish level team then looks like this is your signing. Yes he is definitely an upgrade on our defenders but im tired of stop gaps. He is not our long term CB. Nor is he good enough for any aspiring teams in a perfect world for me he would be 3rd choice
Well West ham, Leicester made bids of 30m plus not long ago and Frank wanted him at chelsea.

So Zagadou and Umtiti are not stop gaps? if you had mentioned players of a higher caliber I would had got you reasoning.

One injury prone and on ridiculous wages and not played in years and a player that Dortmund let happily go on a free with only hoffenheim interested.

Or someone that is prem proven, has the best defensive stats from last year and doesn't miss a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back