Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer was not an anomaly, it was the result of half a decade's worth of completely negligent compliance with Premier League rules and the consequence of truly awful decisions in the transfer market. Nobody knows, even with the Richarlison sale, how badly we are still impacted by P+S rules. The fact that it's now obvious that we had to get Richy out before July 1st to get him on last year's books is evidence that we still have a major problem.

Why are you so sure that we'll be clever this summer? We still have Moshiri in situ, who is a complete idiot and we have a Board not fit for purpose.

Be it loads, cheap buys or buys from the sale of Kean and Richie, there will be replacements. It is common knowledge we have already had a go at a couple of players

It baffles me.

I get the sensible shouts, his fitness is a concern, he did score in patches, they are minor concerns.

But I dont understand how people cant see that as a number 9 hes great, hold up play, winning headers, leading the line, how people can fault that I dont know.

Yet the do so and frequently.

My complaint about it, is that we have him and yet still haven't brought in a single player to actually take advantage of what he does (Dele could tbf) I know you hate my Gallacher fan boyism but that kind of midfielder who does those runs is exactly what he needs in this team (along with anyone who can actually cross a bloody ball)

Think it's badly badly naive to think things are going to be fine just because Benitez isnt here anymore. The squad is pony. Kin pony.

Who's to say the injuries and decisions don't continue to go against us and all.

What the worst in history happen again??? Nah, we will be OK.

As for the squad, yes is it pony, but we managed to play better football and we have a serious CB now so will most certainly concede less goals. A fit Dele, a fit DCL, and the new Richie and MF or two, we will be totally fine, not world beaters in anyway, but a lot better than last year

We are shopping in the bargain bin when bargains are hard to come by.

ST: We probably want Broja and had hoped to loan with an option to buy. Problem is other clubs are willing to pay cash now. Hence the links to Bayo for 12M

Wing: Lewis Potter would have been a good shout at 10-15, but Hull wants 20 wouldn't be surprised if they want it on the front end

CM: Erikson on a free would have been ideal. That busts and we pivot to Gibbs White, not counting on Wolves wanting an absurd 25M for a player that should be ~15M

DM: France is a good place to find young talent and that Onana fits the bill. Trouble is Lille want 30M and judging by the Botman saga with the barcodes are a pain to deal with.

CB: Tarkowski on a free came off. Think he will be a very good signing. You can see how our defense benefits when we had a solid CB in the lineup (Mina on the rare occasions he was healthy)

Market is making the challenge of fixing our crappy squad even more challenging. Bottom line, it is a bad time to be skint. Plus, to the surprise of nobody, no clubs want our highly paid crap players.

Excellent post.

It looks back to the wheeler dealer days, hence it is taking so long

What the worst in history happen again??? Nah, we will be OK.

As for the squad, yes is it pony, but we managed to play better football and we have a serious CB now so will most certainly concede less goals. A fit Dele, a fit DCL, and the new Richie and MF or two, we will be totally fine, not world beaters in anyway, but a lot better than last year

Ok Mystic Meg.

Dunno about playing better football. Think most of our possession in games was about 30%.
Still question marks on Dele. DCL if he stays fit.
New Richarlison and MF depends on our absolutely shocking recruitment team.

We've just lost our best player. There are currently no signs that point to us being better than last year.

Comes off as delusional this.

And correctly so.
He may be an upgrade on most of our defenders so i guess its a good thing. But does him being a first choice take us where we need to be? Or if we signed an elite CB does he get moved to 3rd/4th choice? I mean like we got keane from the same team and thats worked out great? Maybe we should get Burnleys LB and RB turn us into the unstoppable Burnerton

It baffles me.
I get the sensible shouts, his fitness is a concern, he did score in patches, they are minor concerns.

But I dont understand how people cant see that as a number 9 hes great, hold up play, winning headers, leading the line, how people can fault that I dont know.
I'm a fan of Dom, get the supply right he's a good number 9. He had bad injuries last season. I hope for his and our sake they are behind him, what he does/wears off the off the pitch is up to him(although the quotes coming out when we were in a dogfight weren't the best timing.)

He may be an upgrade on most of our defenders so i guess its a good thing. But does him being a first choice take us where we need to be? Or if we signed an elite CB does he get moved to 3rd/4th choice? I mean like we got keane from the same team and thats worked out great? Maybe we should get Burnleys LB and RB turn us into the unstoppable Burnerton
He's solid and always fit that's one up on every one of our other defenders. And where do we need to be? I think we need to become stable in midtable again given our financial position and then push on again that's going to take 2-3 seasons realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back