Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming all last season on Benitez is deluded. The season barely picked up after he left.

Benitez - P19 W5 D4 L10 (19 pts)
Lampard - P18 W6 D2 L10 (20 pts)

We’re currently in a position whereby we are starting the new season with a worse squad than we ended the last. We are currently in serious risk of relegation.

Doesn’t feel the full story tho does it , 4 of ragas wins came in the first 6 games and then it was free fall.

The players confidence was shot and that takes time to recover , especially when our best players were out for long periods and the rest of our team is beyond gash

Blaming all last season on Benitez is deluded. The season barely picked up after he left.

Benitez - P19 W5 D4 L10 (19 pts)
Lampard - P18 W6 D2 L10 (20 pts)

We’re currently in a position whereby we are starting the new season with a worse squad than we ended the last. We are currently in serious risk of relegation.
That comparison fails to consider the extent of the slide we were in when Lampard took over.

It’s a crude comparison tbh.

Excuse my naivety because I don’t really pay to much attention to the finances. Isn’t the rules set over a 3 year period? and didn’t that 3 year period end on the 1st of July? meaning we have now got another 3 year period to spend again?

It’s a rolling 3 year period I believe, with a certain amount allowed to be lost over that pops

Doesn’t feel the full story tho does it , 4 of ragas wins came in the first 6 games and then it was free fall.

The players confidence was shot and that takes time to recover , especially when our best players were out for long periods and the rest of our team is beyond gash
I dont buy the confidence was shot-routine. When your income is 350 a week, cleaning toilets, then yes i can understand sometimes you lose motivation and your confidence is lost. When you earn 50k a week, i expect them to go full beans 120 min a game, no matter if that ends in 15 nil defeats week in and week out.

We gonna miss richy, who showed how to repay all that nice weekly millionaire wages. he just went and went and went.

FWIW when Richy left the club briefed certain national journos with close ties (ex Echo, not current Echo) that Lampard would get ‘at least half’ the initial fee (plus or minus depending on wages) and ‘most’ of any subsequent sales providing they did not incur book losses.

Our continuing caution seems to suggest this is the reality.

It is not a cash issue but an amortisation & wage challenge. The Richy sale freed up £12-15m (depending on which figures you believe) of combined annual wage and amortisation and that is our reinvestment limit.

The other wages/amortisation saved on expired contracts have all been consumed in full just to reduce our projected losses. They did not free up significant spending though did allow Tarkowski to be agreed and brought in ‘early’.

We will spend but every £ we commit to deal A limits our ability to do other deals. It is Moyes era tight budgeting and careful decision-making for this summer and likely beyond. That may not prove to be a bad thing.

Thing is mate, that doesn't make any sense.

Amortization being factored in by you when we aren't actually in any form of problem with FPP - we aren't in Europe and it's a none factor.

It's P&S we are in trouble with so if the club briefed 'at least' half of the initial price that'd be 25m+ even subtracting off it the cost we may be paying still on Richy being bought would maximum lower that amount by around 6m max

With Rafael, the leagues worst injuries and the worst decisions......without those we would have not been in that situationm. We will also add players.

Think it's badly badly naive to think things are going to be fine just because Benitez isnt here anymore. The squad is pony. Kin pony.

Who's to say the injuries and decisions don't continue to go against us and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back