Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lampard is looking at any of the youngsters at Chelsea he's worked with before we'll have to wait until they have finished preseason before Tuchel decides who he wants to keep. So it'll be a last minute job.
Things are frustrating because pre-season is underway and it feels like wasted time we could be bedding in new signings but there can be all sorts of reasons for slow progress. Eriksen dragging his heels on a decision being one example: if we had an offer in for him we couldn't really advance other midfield signings in case he chose us. Likewise like you say we are probably waiting on Chelsea's decision on who is available. In other cases where there isn't much competition (eg Dennis) we may just be trying to drive a hard bargain. Or we may simply be working on other deals quietly that will show up out of the blue. Not at panic stations yet.

Hmmm.. that’s not based on any actual evidence is it?

All the top teams ? So city? Who don’t play with a target man ?
Or the rs who again don’t play with one , spurs ? DCL will add more to their team than Kane? Chelsea? I do t think he would .

DCL link up play is bad and he would not fit into any side that plays against teams that park the bus and need quick passing and a good touch under pressure ..

Adds 10-15 means not over who they have lad, it means their midfielders would score 10-15 purely on the space opened up by him drawing focus.

The link up play being bad line again - based on what, we sit deep and punt it up to him expecting him to do what exactly? He holds it up brilliantly, link up play presumes you have someone to link up with doesn't it.

Love how teams that play against parked bus teams wouldn't have use of the best aerial player in the league though.

No one 'player' inspired our survival mate, the supporters giving them collectively a huge kick did that.

Richy scored some goals, Pickford played out if his skin and then we had some players putting in massive amounts of effort - Gordon, Iwobi to name two. And DCL returned to fitness just in the nick of time.
Well yes the fans were incredible but we still needed someone to score the goals to keep us up and Richy did that more than anyone else down the stretch. I don't rate Richarlison nearly as highly as many on here do but we are losing a player who always left it all on the pitch and we don't have too many of that type left in the squad.

If his goals are not adequately replaced we'll be in major trouble next season, especially if DcL can't shake off his injury troubles.

I suppose we've already made our marquee signing for next season in Alli, seeing as though Spurs were so desperate to get shut of him that they allowed us to defer payment.

Last edited:
I suppose we've already made our marquee signing for next season in Alli, seeing as though Spurs were so desperate to get shut of him, they allowed us to defer payment.
I still think the Premier League saw their arse at that deal and thats the reason we "had" to sell Richarlison before 1st July.

I know we havent spent any money on him yet, but he would have still gone on the books somewhere.

FWIW when Richy left the club briefed certain national journos with close ties (ex Echo, not current Echo) that Lampard would get ‘at least half’ the initial fee (plus or minus depending on wages) and ‘most’ of any subsequent sales providing they did not incur book losses.

Our continuing caution seems to suggest this is the reality.

It is not a cash issue but an amortisation & wage challenge. The Richy sale freed up £12-15m (depending on which figures you believe) of combined annual wage and amortisation and that is our reinvestment limit.

The other wages/amortisation saved on expired contracts have all been consumed in full just to reduce our projected losses. They did not free up significant spending though did allow Tarkowski to be agreed and brought in ‘early’.

We will spend but every £ we commit to deal A limits our ability to do other deals. It is Moyes era tight budgeting and careful decision-making for this summer and likely beyond. That may not prove to be a bad thing.

Big Oils ridiculousness transcends any mere mortal forum, that nut job should set up their own ‘only fans’ account.
I'm curious if it only pertains to football or that there's more topics of absurdity that we're being deprived of. An Only fans account? Would someone pay to watch him go on a 30 minute nude tirade about how doucoure is the worst player to ever live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back