Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you told us all last summer how we would be spending and signing players. It didn't happen.

The squad in its current form, is a long way short and will be in a relegation fight.
We were in a relegation fight due to Raf, the worse injuries ever in the ptem and terrible decisions against us!!!! This summer Frank will replace players and we will have a better season..
It is obvious to any one with a brain

Also, in its current form? Our form was fairly good mate, certainly not near relegation form

It's early days, but if we don't improve the squad then I see no evidence this squad will be good enough to get to 40 points. 16th or 17th would be an achievement, because it appears yet another summer is going to go by with the club refusing to overhaul the squad.

Players who are not wanted should not be training with the squad and should be told to find clubs. They absolutely should be nowhere near pre-season friendlies either.
It’s goals that’s the worry - there aren’t anywhere near enough goals in that squad at the moment, particularly the midfield and attack (other than DCL). We’re needing to add some guaranteed goals or massive trouble.

Then there’s the midfield, slow, get dominated even by lower half of the league teams and no creativity/assists.

People can say there’s plenty of window left but there’s a huge amount of improvement required, isn’t there. It’ll be really difficult to add the quality to the starting 11 we need with loans or free transfers.

We were in a relegation fight due to Raf, the worse injuries ever in the ptem and terrible decisions against us!!!! This summer Frank will replace players and we will have a better season..

Also, in its current form? Our form was fairly good mate, certainly not near relegation form
I’ll have some of whatever you’re on please ??

Don't count your chickens regarding incoming transfers before they actually happen, you should have learned your lesson after last summer.

And us guaranteed to be better next season is certainly not obvious to me. I like and support Lampard but he wasn't able to fix some of major issues last season like our miserable record at set pieces and our away from. He's now lost the player that inspired our survival and there's no guarantee that he'll get the same kind of support from the fan base if we hit a tricky spot.

We are in big, big trouble next season if our current squad is our lot, in my opinion.

Blaming all last season on Benitez is deluded. The season barely picked up after he left.

Benitez - P19 W5 D4 L10 (19 pts)
Lampard - P18 W6 D2 L10 (20 pts)

We’re currently in a position whereby we are starting the new season with a worse squad than we ended the last. We are currently in serious risk of relegation.

Stick DCL into a top team up front, he adds 10-15 goals to their midfielders just by drawing attention to him
Hmmm.. that’s not based on any actual evidence is it?

All the top teams ? So city? Who don’t play with a target man ?
Or the rs who again don’t play with one , spurs ? DCL will add more to their team than Kane? Chelsea? I do t think he would .

DCL link up play is bad and he would not fit into any side that plays against teams that park the bus and need quick passing and a good touch under pressure ..

I don't mean form as in results, I obviously meant the current shape of the squad.

We had a squad who couldn't get 40 points and just sold our best player who scored the big goals that kept us up. There is no evidence that this squad, without considerable strengthening, will be able to do better than 16th next year.

I think it's naive to think this squad with the same players minus our best player, will not struggle again. If Lampard is not given a good proportion of the funds from the Richarlison sale, then it's a disgrace and we need to let the board know it's a disgrace.

Don't count your chickens regarding incoming transfers before they actually happen, you should have learned your lesson after last summer.

And us guaranteed to be better next season is certainly not obvious to me. I like and support Lampard but he wasn't able to fix some of major issues last season like our miserable record at set pieces and our away from. He's now lost the player that inspired our survival and there's no guarantee that he'll get the same kind of support from the fan base if we hit a tricky spot.

We are in big, big trouble next season if our current squad is our lot, in my opinion.
Last summer was an anomaly . We have never done that before and we will not be so stupid this time. Unfortunately, we will have to be clever this summer, but it will happen.
As for being better than last season... we will not be bottom 3 come April/may.

we didn’t generate 60 mill last summer

we have now we will buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back