Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean form as in results, I obviously meant the current shape of the squad.

We had a squad who couldn't get 40 points and just sold our best player who scored the big goals that kept us up. There is no evidence that this squad, without considerable strengthening, will be able to do better than 16th next year.

I think it's naive to think this squad with the same players minus our best player, will not struggle again. If Lampard is not given a good proportion of the funds from the Richarlison sale, then it's a disgrace and we need to let the board know it's a disgrace.

With Rafael, the leagues worst injuries and the worst decisions......without those we would have not been in that situationm. We will also add players.

Connecting all the dots, we could bring someone in tomorrow, be it Broja, Dennis, MGW or whoever. The problem then, is we’d have no money left to buy anyone else as every club this summer seems to want a considerable down payment. We’d be stuck trying to sort out loans with obligations, frees etc to get round FFP and there’s a good chance we wouldn’t get any further players we want. The club appear to be trying to do it the other way around, which seems sensible.

Anyone expecting us to spend £60m odd will be bitterly disappointed, if we had that much to play with we’d of signed someone already. They’re clearly trying to make a little stretch a long way. I’d be surprised if we had more than about £25m to put down immediately.

Not having a replacement lined up after the Richarlison transfer is absolutely pathetic, and the manager is being let down badly.
We have no idea whatis going on in the back ground, none at all. There will be stuff going on, jut cos some blurt on twitter hasnt made up a rumour today don't mean we arenot actively doing stuff

I think we are looking at Dennis and Winks on loan with an obligation and then perhaps another loan. That will be our lot
If Lampard is looking at any of the youngsters at Chelsea he's worked with before we'll have to wait until they have finished preseason before Tuchel decides who he wants to keep. So it'll be a last minute job.

Don't count your chickens regarding incoming transfers before they actually happen, you should have learned your lesson after last summer.

And us guaranteed to be better next season is certainly not obvious to me. I like and support Lampard but he wasn't able to fix some of major issues last season like our miserable record at set pieces and our away from. He's now lost the player that inspired our survival and there's no guarantee that he'll get the same kind of support from the fan base if we hit a tricky spot.

We are in big, big trouble next season if our current squad is our lot, in my opinion.

No one 'player' inspired our survival mate, the supporters giving them collectively a huge kick did that.

Richy scored some goals, Pickford played out if his skin and then we had some players putting in massive amounts of effort - Gordon, Iwobi to name two. And DCL returned to fitness just in the nick of time.

if we got dest and depay from barca who are both apparently available then that would sort our right back problem for the next decade with two young talented right backs and we would have a great replacement for richy as well
I see where you’re coming from and I would 100% take dest but their wages would be extortionate and we rlly cannot spend much this window

Plus I think depay is just another klaasen who can’t produce in an average team

No these people choose to throw stones instead. Numerous donations, paid for all the equipment ourselves, hosted event nights for EITC, and at £2 a month it’s the cheapest Everton subscription for content which will enable us to cover overheads such as mixpad and other small fees whilst being able to continue giving back. But if it’s not for you, that’s absolutely fine! We still do free episodes. Or if you think we’re sh*t, that’s fine too haha! Just ignore us and move on.

But no, these people sit in their pants and choose to have a go for zero reason. Whilst others have a go at the weirdos attacking my extremely young niece with sexual threats or Ben’s missus being threatened? All over what? A bit of club info?

Says a lot more about them and in there own lives, then ours.
These are the same people who are baffled that itks never appear on the forum and then stage an inquestion when one makes themselves available

Last edited:
If Frank does not get substantial funds for players, I think he'll walk and I couldn't blame him. We miraculously avoided relegation last year, up to now and I'm fizzed off about this we have brought in one defenderon a free transfer, better than what we've got, yes I think so. Hoping Patterson is ready to start the season, because I feel Coleman is finished we have sold our best player, not a hint of a replacement, all we hear is ffp problems and for a team that survived by the skin of out teeth, that doesn't score enough goals, then that in my book makes us relegation favourites. Anyone thinking different is deluded.

It's early days, but if we don't improve the squad then I see no evidence this squad will be good enough to get to 40 points. 16th or 17th would be an achievement, because it appears yet another summer is going to go by with the club refusing to overhaul the squad.

Players who are not wanted should not be training with the squad and should be told to find clubs. They absolutely should be nowhere near pre-season friendlies either.
Crazy take.

Last summer Benitez came in and spend all day on training and every press conference talking about players not being good enough. That Everton did not have the players to play good offensive football.

After a few losses the players started believing him. Stopped trying. Stopped showing for the ball. Confidence were rock bottom. One win in 14 league matches.

It would always be a struggle for the man replacing Benitez. The squad were broken. Lampard tried. He tried to play offensive football. He tried to implement high press. Often it was OK, but the team was unfortunate. Punished for every mistake they did. And we witnessed a few nasty collective collapses.

Lampard had to adjust. Be more pragmatic. Due to the squad and the lack of confidence, but also because of all the injuries. Changes in both personnel and formation for every single match. Also during matches. Tactics and formation was often dictated by what players were available. With several players having to play out of position.

Things were not great the second half of the season. Still, Everton took the same amount of points in the league after Lampard came in as Manchester United did. They took one more point than a hyped Villa team that spent a ton of money on Coutinho and Digne. More points than Wolves. More points than West Ham. (yes, Everton had a couple of extra matches, but still...)

If we can get confidence back in the squad, see a normal amount of injuries and spend time this summer to develop a way to play and an identity, par for the squad (as of today) is probably to be in a fight for top 10. 50 points are well within reach.

At least half of the squad had the worst season of their carrier last season. We should not expect them to be as poor next season. And if they are, the players are not the issue. If players cant show their potential, getting new players in wont solve anything.

As for excluding unwanted players from the squad, that cant be done without ruining their market value. It will always be tough to find a new club for certain players, but it will be a lot tougher to get rid of players without a preseason. A player such as Andre Gomes is not likely to move on before late in the transfer window. Excluding him from the first team now is likely to cost the club millions.

Last edited:
Excuse my naivety because I don’t really pay to much attention to the finances. Isn’t the rules set over a 3 year period? and didn’t that 3 year period end on the 1st of July? meaning we have now got another 3 year period to spend again?

Status
Not open for further replies.