Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more concerned about the goals myself as that is his actual job. We should find midfielders to do that hastling and ball winning. And you're right it isn't that hard.
Well it needs to come from the front to an extent, but I agree the midfield needs to be a lot less passive than it’s been in recent times. I know you don’t rate doucoure, but he’s one of the only players in our squad that has what it’s lacking regardless of his actual ability on the ball.

Well it needs to come from the front to an extent, but I agree the midfield needs to be a lot less passive than it’s been in recent times. I know you don’t rate doucoure, but he’s one of the only players in our squad that has what it’s lacking regardless of his actual ability on the ball.
He actually doesn't either. He runs a lot but actually winning the ball is a skill that requires more than running.

He actually doesn't either. He runs a lot but actually winning the ball is a skill that requires more than running.
He gets about the pitch. Which is more than I can say for most of the squad.
I know you’ll never come to terms with it, which is fine, but he’s currently one of the first names on the team sheet as he brings something we don’t have. Should we be looking for better going forward? 100%

From what it looks like atm is we’ve reached a stalemate in whatever negotiations we’ve had for certain players over payment schedules.

What we’ll probably do now is go back in for these players later on in window and hope the selling club accepts our structured payments just to get rid and hope the players we want are still actually available.

Feels like we’ve gone back like 10 years as this and last summer have felt like typical Moyes summers were we’d do nothing till the last 2 weeks trying for players cos we had no money. What’s even more depressing is it’s the same fella negotiating the deals now as was then.

He gets about the pitch. Which is more than I can say for most of the squad.
I know you’ll never come to terms with it, which is fine, but he’s currently one of the first names on the team sheet as he brings something we don’t have. Should we be looking for better going forward? 100%
Getting about the pitch is pointless if you don't actually do anything. I'd rather have someone not move much but be somewhat near the right spots than run all over being useless. Basically I like a Delph better than a Doucoure even if they both aren't ultimately very good.

Getting about the pitch is pointless if you don't actually do anything. I'd rather have someone not move much but be somewhat near the right spots than run all over being useless. Basically I like a Delph better than a Doucoure even if they both aren't ultimately very good.
Need a bit of both imo. Midfield full of Delphs would be as detrimental as a midfield full of doucoures.

Need a bit of both imo. Midfield full of Delphs would be as detrimental as a midfield full of doucoures.
That's fine. We have an Iwobi who does some Doucoure stuff but with useful if erratic passing and an Allan who is slower but more effective at actually winning the ball. We don't have the stand still in the right spot guy.

To the original point it should be this hard to find that player and then what we really need is replacing Richarlison's production which also isn't that hard.

I’m just understanding the level of cultishness in here for a bloke who’s job it is is to release information given to him by a club employee , yeah it’s as bad as it thought
You're very odd, childlike, and seem determined to keep missing the reality. Welcome to the internet, a place that thrives on information.

It shouldn’t be hard to replace Richarlisons goal contributions at all.

It’s what else he brought to the team which is my worry.

Wouldn’t massively say he was a team player, but the tenacity in his play was a reason we often looked a much worse team when he wasn’t in the side.
It is his endevour that I will cry about when hes breaking his neck for Spurs, not his passing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.