Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we sign new players with some being decent or possibly good because I don't really think I like any of the players we have now beyond pickford maybe myko but the rest mean nothing to me

I wasn't saying we never buy them from abroad, you little scamp.

The point was as much about being limited by the club's preferred agents and their respective contacts.
Agents rule our world for sure, but, under Moshiri we have signed, rough counts here, so dont sue me if its wrong.

Players signed/loaned 52 - 21 of which were from abroad.

And it could be said, we have had more success from the English bought players.

Does this mean we can have Digne back?

From Fabrizio R

Aston Villa have reached an agreement with Sevilla to sign Ludwig Augustinsson as new left back. Deal now in place, been told it's a loan move with an option to buy included. ?? #AVFC

There's still something to be resolved on player side, final details before deal completed.

Does this mean we can have Digne back?

From Fabrizio R

Aston Villa have reached an agreement with Sevilla to sign Ludwig Augustinsson as new left back. Deal now in place, been told it's a loan move with an option to buy included. ?? #AVFC

There's still something to be resolved on player side, final details before deal completed.
Seems odd that. Wellard throwing the ££'s about

My club lost 21 games last season and nearly got relegated with this newly promoted chancer releasing injury news and team news earlier than the club wanted , and now he’s charging for it , that ok
Can you identify a specific moment or moments when information passed on by this poster resulted in a loss of points for Everton?
Or does it just happen in your head?

Agents rule our world for sure, but, under Moshiri we have signed, rough counts here, so dont sue me if its wrong.

Players signed/loaned 52 - 21 of which were from abroad.

And it could be said, we have had more success from the English bought players.
I'm more asking if we're missing out on players because we've thrown our lot in with the wrong agents, eg Joorabchian. If you really wanted to go down a rabbit hole, you could look at how Usmanov and the brother of Dynamo Kiev's owner (a very interesting character indeed) were part of the oligarch cartel that owned Moldova Steel Works, and wonder if that played a part in Mykolenko finding his way here. That doesn't take into account the ones that have followed managers from elsewhere, though (even Tarkowski is a long-term Lampard target).

Still, it's an interesting point about where the better and worse signings came from. I'd say Pickford and Richarlison were expensive acquisitions that turned out fine, while DCL has got by far the best chance of turning a major profit. From the Barcelona connection, Digne was good value, Mina less so and Gomes not at all. Kean has contributed nothing, but between the loans and eventual fee, he won't have been too much of a resource drain, whereas the likes of Keane and Iwobi are in the squad every week, but have been largely detrimental to the team's performances.

We could spend all night having 'would you rather be shot or stabbed?' arguments over who's worse from Allan vs Doucoure, Klaassen vs Schneiderlin, Bolasie vs Tosun, Gbamin vs Delph, etc.

Let’s say in our predicament we need a left back and the options are a young lad with little experience who hasn’t been relegated or ( sorry for this) Andy Robertson who has been relegated. You pick Robertson every time. A team’s Relegation has nothing to do with an individual’s talent.

Also,

Burnley conceded 13 less goals than us, 53 to our 66. They also had more clean sheets 9 to our 8. Burnley went down because they couldn’t score, not because they couldn’t defend. They only got beat by more than 1 goal 11 times and 7 games with a 1 goal deficit. A decent attack could turn a few of those close losses or draws in to draws or wins and then they stay up. They actually lost less games than us, 17 to our 21. Their biggest defeat was 4-0 to Chelsea in the only game they conceded 4. Us on the other hand conceded 4+ on 4 occasions.

In short, I’ve got nothing to concern me about Tarkowksi coming in and helping to plug our defence, ready for the next guy in a few years to take his place in a more stabilised side.
If their defence was so good why does it have a 55% tackles won? Like they had the same team with the same manager most games, we had no regular back four, multiple managers with different playing styles. They could not score no but apparently they wasnt actually that good at tackling unless you think 5 percent over half is good. He will improve us for now no doubt but like ive said before thats not saying much. Keane probably had good stats and a reliable defender whilst at burnley and who wants him to play? Lets just raid burnley for more players and turn into them yayyy ambitionnnn

I'd be surprised if the general consensus when those two were announced wasn't at least mildly negative towards Bolasie, and that Sigurdsson was good but we've paid about £20m too much.

I was furious when we were even linked to bolasie and that continued while he was here and even increased when people on here were telling me that he was good, and it increased even more when people seemed to blame his injury as the reason he was crap and then I reached maximum fume while he played in Belgium and finally wasn’t even included I. The squad or loaned out and ran his contract down.

Out of Interest. Where did he end up after us and where is he now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.