Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be concentrating on any wide players this season, fullbacks or wingers. This team needs a spine and I would be getting another CB two more MF players and a striker
I do agree we need those positions, but we also need a right forward. Gordon and gray are both better from the left. A RF that can double up as a striker would maybe be the way to go.

Priority simply has to be 2 new midfielders though.

I'd be fine with a couple more seasons of errrr, austerity provided we spend that time completely revitalising the academy and the entire scouting network.

Then in two years we move and should start to see progress away from the first team allowing us to kick on a bit.

It will be grim... But it's Everton.

Or any forum.

I used to get a bit riled by the team getting leaked, but as soon as Mr. Bobble himself explained the opposition gets it 30 min ahead of the media embargo it's perfectly fine. No harm done.

When an ITK announces something as either done or at least very very close only for it to fall through late in the day? The abuse and accusations of attention seeking aimed at those sharing what they hear pretty shameful.

My gripe isn't with ITKs, it's with posters who come on and say "I've heard" which implies they have heard from somebody who many actually know something. The truth is the 'heard' is either read it on twitter or heard it in the pub off the resident bore.

…with kids entering the Academy as young as 8, I suggest it’ll take a lot longer than 2 years to see the impact of change. If we have a team that gets to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup, it’ll be a sign it has genuine talent.

Striker is a must, its crucial to us staying up and a bloody good striker as well. We are screwed
Surely that is beyond our means at the moment. Need to find an unexposed, cheaper, decent forward but I can’t see that happening either ?‍♂️

…with kids entering the Academy as young as 8, I suggest it’ll take a lot longer than 2 years to see the impact of change. If we have a team that gets to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup, it’ll be a sign it has genuine talent.
For sure, but there should be at least some visible signs of progress. Even if it's grabbing a kid that would previously go elsewhere.

We have been rummaging around the bargain bin at youth level for ages. If the academy seems to have a functioning structure and we have the scouts to spot the talent, that's progress.

If we don’t sign anyone else this summer, it has to be a #6 that can tackle. Ideally they’d be able to get the ball from defence and play it through the lines too. But we’re missing that player incredibly.

Saw that PSG want to sell Gana, I’d have him on loan for a year if we’re just trying to plug gaps in the meantime.

For sure, but there should be at least some visible signs of progress. Even if it's grabbing a kid that would previously go elsewhere.

We have been rummaging around the bargain bin at youth level for ages. If the academy seems to have a functioning structure and we have the scouts to spot the talent, that's progress.

….recruitment (not coaching) is the key problem as far as I can see, but i accept the reservoir of talent isn’t there any more. Street football is a thing of the past, it’s where lads almost had a football attached their feet. It was what they loved and all the time their skill levels and attitude developed.

Those days have gone, the talent is more difficult to find & I don’t think changing coaches in the Academy will have a significant impact. I’d much prefer us to be innovative and concentrate on markets where talent is more abundant. Central & South America and Africa.

We need so much from the transfer window that it is impossible to see us getting what we need. We are short in defence, midfield and up front, we need quality in all three areas. We tried quantity and that saddled us with our FFP issues. This window isn’t going to solve our problems, we won’t be top six next season. I would like us to get in a forward looking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Those two positions could both steady our defence and provide ammunition for our forwards. Get the middle sorted this window.
Getting rid of more deadwood is also a must, we have too many players filling squad numbers who offer nothing positive to the club.
We need to bring in players who are solutions to problems, for too long we have been bringing in players who added to our problems.

We need so much from the transfer window that it is impossible to see us getting what we need. We are short in defence, midfield and up front, we need quality in all three areas. We tried quantity and that saddled us with our FFP issues. This window isn’t going to solve our problems, we won’t be top six next season. I would like us to get in a forward looking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Those two positions could both steady our defence and provide ammunition for our forwards. Get the middle sorted this window.
Getting rid of more deadwood is also a must, we have too many players filling squad numbers who offer nothing positive to the club.
We need to bring in players who are solutions to problems, for too long we have been bringing in players who added to our problems.
I agree, if funds are tight then need to prioritise, two centre midfielders the type you mention, that would make the biggest improvement to the team with limited acquisitions.

When you see us getting linked with Walker peters you wonder what’s going on. We have limited funds and midfield is so why spend on a back up fullback when we’ve got massive gaps in the starting 11.

This summer, DCL is going nowhere.

Next summer I suspect we'll see some interest. And sadly I also fear that we'll NEED to sell him at that point, in order to kick-start the next stage of the rebuild. He'll be 26 by then, and the window for getting a big fee for him will not be open forever.
Unless we have a phenomenal season?

Me neither...

I guess when we have the same issues summer after summer, it may be less down to the DoF and more due to other issues.
Previously there has ben 4/5/6 clubs ahead of us in the pecking order, there is probably more than 10 clubs players would go to before us.

And the fact we cant actually spend any proper money...

Status
Not open for further replies.