Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
undav looks good for brighton

given that they create 90 chances a game and barely score, they have now got a striker who has a great scoring record

brighton's style of football means that they will always create chances in games, they just didn't have the quality up front to convert them most of the time as they had welbeck and maupay at the end of them
Will they miss Bissouma at all then ?.
It also looks as if they may lose a full back to City.

Forest look like a team that will handle themselves well enough, judging by their performances in the FA Cup.

No idea about the other two, but I hope for our sake that they're both poor outfits.

I think Forest are most likely to struggle mate. Getting up for a big cup game, often against sides with half an eye on the league is very different to doing it week in and week out.

It's not a modern trend either, it's been going on for a few years now, as the gap between the championship and the PL just gets bigger and bigger.

The other thing is, last season, 2 promoted sides, both who had been down for just 1 season and spent massive money got relegated with 22 and 23 points respectively. Until Eriksen came, looked like Brentford were heading towards relegation too.

The gap between the leagues is huge, and just gets bigger each year. I seem to remember Fulham soending 150m+ last couple of times theyve gone up, and getting relegated with under 30 points. Correct me, but they havent spent close to that.

Last season the 3 promoted teams got about 90 points combined. In all likelihood 2 of them get relegated again, which will probably be a pattern moving forward.

I am bit shocked Fulham are not constrained by P&S like us

I think Forest are most likely to struggle mate. Getting up for a big cup game, often against sides with half an eye on the league is very different to doing it week in and week out.

It's not a modern trend either, it's been going on for a few years now, as the gap between the championship and the PL just gets bigger and bigger.
I hope you're right, but I think they're the sort of team that gets a year or two out of being well-drilled, like Sheff Utd did and Brentford have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back