Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I said from day one of Moshiri that Usmanov was the defacto owner of us - against the vehement argument he had no involvement from people like esk etc.

There's nothing suspect about him being the background owner - it's pretty much the way Russian football ownership works, a public face as owner and a private background owner - there's reasons for it ofc - one being it allows 'external' sponsorship deal by the true owner - as seen with us, also having 'too' big a public profile isn't necessarily the smart choice in Russia as it can lead to suggestions about why you're aiming to be this public populist figure and the knock on effect that could have politically. A few of the first wave oligarchs tries to use their wealth and public profile to become political figures - they failed.

Ultimately it cones down to culture as well, Russians by and large especially one from the Soviet era, don't really need to be 'seen' to have the power - it's actually having it what matters
I don't disagree. I've just come to suspect that this is at least partly a laundering exercise for the money that Moshiri has received from Usmanov.

Ever since the pair of them rocked up here in 2016, I've been very curious about the reasons behind the lengths that Usmanov has seemingly gone to on Moshiri's behalf.

When you are in the market for loans and free transfers, (maybe a couple of actual ££ signings) these do not happen early, I expect us to start the season with pretty much what we have, with the majority of our signings coming late in the window, a lot of bed wetting to be done yet!

I don't disagree. I've just come to suspect that this is at least partly a laundering exercise for the money that Moshiri has received from Usmanov.

Ever since the pair of them rocked up here in 2016, I've been very curious about the reasons behind the lengths that Usmanov has seemingly gone to on Moshiri's behalf.

Sadly I think it's worse thsn that, we are just a real-life game of footy manager for them mate, the money they've lost ultimately doesn't make a dent in whst they have, both have massively increased despite sinking in whst they have.

Think initially business wise there was the possibility that making the club a global recognized one (CL every season etc) would have had a great PR/Advertising potential for the various companies get has Megafon was trying to go into the European/Chinese markets as was Mail.ru Vkontakte (Russian version of Facebook) and having a vehicle fir that with zero competition as you own the club so decide the sponsors would have been great for them.

Sadly as good as both are in business they are absolutely clueless about football and too arrogant or self important to actually hire competent people to have overseen the entire operation.

Oh my, fed up with the Geordies @chicoazul

Can imagine Ornstein and Romano reading that thinking wtf is this guy, lets double check with one of my sources ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-164052_Twitter.webp
    Screenshot_20220712-164052_Twitter.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 273
Sadly I think it's worse thsn that, we are just a real-life game of footy manager for them mate, the money they've lost ultimately doesn't make a dent in whst they have, both have massively increased despite sinking in whst they have.

Think initially business wise there was the possibility that making the club a global recognized one (CL every season etc) would have had a great PR/Advertising potential for the various companies get has Megafon was trying to go into the European/Chinese markets as was Mail.ru Vkontakte (Russian version of Facebook) and having a vehicle fir that with zero competition as you own the club so decide the sponsors would have been great for them.

Sadly as good as both are in business they are absolutely clueless about football and too arrogant or self important to actually hire competent people to have overseen the entire operation.
I can't decide whose take on the situation is worse for the club's prospects.

Breaking it down to people panicking.

We lost our best player (arguable as I'd say Pickford is that and DCL when fit also ahead of Richy)

Brentford have lost the player that pretty much kept them up and was by a mile there best player in Ericksen
Leeds have or are about to lose their two best players.
West Ham are spending money but with the shadow of it being 'recouped' by selling Rice later in the window
Chelsea have effectively had their entire defence and strikers walk out for nothing.
United have lost there best player again for nothing.
Palace lost there best player last season when he returned back from his loan.
Villa are doing an us from 5 years back and buying overpriced and ageing dross by and large and if Gerrard was t a media lovie then questions would be getting asked as his record so far given the spend has been rubbish.
Wolves owners have pulled the plug on spending, pretty much stated they are sell to buy.
Saints are in an absolute mess and second half of last season like wolves where in relegation form.
Fulham are managed by Silva ?
Forest are a poor side and have massive holes now they've lost the loan players they had last season.
Brighton - lost their best player also.
Leicester- manager who looks on borrowed time now, losing one if their key players in Tielmans and Vardy getting older and more injury prone every season.

So all the doom and gloom from some about doomed to a relegation fight is kinda ignoring 1.that the window only opened a week and a half ago,and 2. That over half the teams in the league have problems themselves

The other thing is, last season, 2 promoted sides, both who had been down for just 1 season and spent massive money got relegated with 22 and 23 points respectively. Until Eriksen came, looked like Brentford were heading towards relegation too.

The gap between the leagues is huge, and just gets bigger each year. I seem to remember Fulham soending 150m+ last couple of times theyve gone up, and getting relegated with under 30 points. Correct me, but they havent spent close to that.

Last season the 3 promoted teams got about 90 points combined. In all likelihood 2 of them get relegated again, which will probably be a pattern moving forward.

I still think the big plan is also that docklands mate.

You ask anyone what is the best way to clean money, and property and construction is right up there.

It's why an American consortium made a bid, and others will follow. You can both formal and informally lend against it.

The other thing is, last season, 2 promoted sides, both who had been down for just 1 season and spent massive money got relegated with 22 and 23 points respectively. Until Eriksen came, looked like Brentford were heading towards relegation too.

The gap between the leagues is huge, and just gets bigger each year. I seem to remember Fulham soending 150m+ last couple of times theyve gone up, and getting relegated with under 30 points. Correct me, but they havent spent close to that.

Last season the 3 promoted teams got about 90 points combined. In all likelihood 2 of them get relegated again, which will probably be a pattern moving forward.
Forest look like a team that will handle themselves well enough, judging by their performances in the FA Cup.

No idea about the other two, but I hope for our sake that they're both poor outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back