Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtually every oligarch that came out of the Wild West era that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union has, for whatever reason, engaged in sports-washing.

Usmanov wasn't amongst the first wave of oligarchs for one - he came afterwards, wasn't part of the Yeltsin crew backed by the US propesed plan of the loans for shares and the raping of the people through the voucher scheme also a us proposal they adopted, which enabled the literal carving up and theft of Russian resources and wealth.

Usmsnov 'actually' built himself up through Metalloinvest initially by using a very western method of acquisitions of smaller companies to build what eventually be some USM.

In fact he was the guy who basically was charged and successfully took back all the stolen parts of Gazprom by that first wave of Oligarchs including western businessmen - people like Bill Brower etc.

Is he clean - far from it, but he is far removed from people like Abramovic, Berozovsky etc. Who are utter scum

Usmanov wasn't amongst the first wave of oligarchs for one - he came afterwards, wasn't part of the Yeltsin crew backed by the US propesed plan of the loans for shares and the raping of the people through the voucher scheme also a us proposal they adopted, which enabled the literal carving up and theft of Russian resources and wealth.

Usmsnov 'actually' built himself up through Metalloinvest initially by using a very western method of acquisitions of smaller companies to build what eventually be some USM.

In fact he was the guy who basically was charged and successfully took back all the stolen parts of Gazprom by that first wave of Oligarchs including western businessmen - people like Bill Brower etc.

Is he clean - far from it, but he is far removed from people like Abramovic, Berozovsky etc. Who are utter scum
You had me going there, and then finished by admitting that he isn't clean.

Virtually every oligarch that came out of the Wild West era that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union has, for whatever reason, engaged in sports-washing.

Btw sports washing, not sure you understand the meaning of it, it has zero today with laundering money mate, it's about someone with a negative public image using their money through a populist area like sport, charity etc in order to give long term an altered public perception of them in a better light.

In thst regard it worked completely fir Abramovic - but Usmsnov kinda has t even done that as to sports wash his image he'd need to actually be the public face of the club

Btw sports washing, not sure you understand the meaning of it, it has zero today with laundering money mate, it's about someone with a negative public image using their money through a populist area like sport, charity etc in order to give long term an altered public perception of them in a better light.

In thst regard it worked completely fir Abramovic - but Usmsnov kinda has t even done that as to sports wash his image he'd need to actually be the public face of the club
Perhaps I'm guilty of using the terms interchangeably. Luckily, I've got someone with your advanced understanding on hand to set me straight.

If, as you say, Usmanov isn't the face of the operation, nor does he appear to have any concern whatsoever about how the club is run (essentially just leaving Kenwright to do as he sees fit day-to-day), what's going on?

Looks to me like he's laundering this 'gift' that he decided to give his favourite accountant.

Doubt there's a billionaire who is mate.

Bill gates did some nasty things especially to independant software programmers over the years to get what he wanted.
I'm not the one posting laughing emojis at the thought of Usmanov's involvement here being suspect.

I know we can’t attract the high calibre players, some of the players we are linked with are grim tho, if there is any truth to those links is another matter, they nail home were we are as a club. It’s only Gallagher that gives me any enthusiasm.

I know we can’t attract the high calibre players, some of the players we are linked with are grim tho, if there is any truth to those links is another matter, they nail home were we are as a club. It’s only Gallagher that gives me any enthusiasm.
I actually think MGW could be a really good signing for us, 22 goal involvements last season, only 21 - his value should only go up really, been reading some wolves forums today and they dont want him to go, but if they continue with 343 they think he'll be sold after the next bid

So what we have to do is get younger promising players in GibbsWhite, Broja etc or even buy them younger.

I do think the difference being their result will be a one off, if we get Tonked by Arsenal it will be a sign of what's to come
I remember a pre season under moyes, think it was one when we signed beckford & magaye gueye - we won every game in pre season. Then we started away to Blackburn, played awful & lost 1-0, we played in that pink kit

I actually think MGW could be a really good signing for us, 22 goal involvements last season, only 21 - his value should only go up really, been reading some wolves forums today and they dont want him to go, but if they continue with 343 they think he'll be sold after the next bid

From what I’ve seen I’m not fussed. That’s not to say I don’t want the lad to do well if he’s signs, I’ll always want players to be a success here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back