Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my thought mate, totally briefed but at least we know the state of play and look like spending something. Interesting they name dropped Dennis and Cornet. lol
It is shocking that fans don't already understand our financial state and why we can't sign players. It has been widely reported by more reputable outlets than the echo for at least 12 months.

It is just sad that moshiri has let this happen, yet is given a free pass because we are building a stadium that still has no funding model in place. I dread to think what the fans would do if development had to stop due to lack of funds.

It says a lot if you think a supposedly successful billionaire is being controlled by a bloated theatre luvvie.

It is a marriage of convenience, as moshiri has a face that is the focus of everyone's ire, while he continues to rinse the club.

Very good point mate. It seems to be as good a reason as any that Moshiri is willingly keeping him around. Fans appear to have woken up though judging by the latest set of banners and he won’t be able to pull the wool over our eyes any longer.

Counterpoint to that, Bill serves as a distraction to the full criticism being on Moshiri, divide and conquer.
I think it's more likely that he's weaselled himself a nice little niche where instead of running the club on TV money, with Green ring-fencing shares on his behalf, he's managed to benefit from this strange laundering operation that Usmanov has been running through Moshiri.

Without further sales - we got 50m for Richy, this season we'd have to pay 10m for Dele - no idea if that cones onto the P&S books as a straight 10m or is broken over the contract length - my guess is it comes as a straight 10m though.

So given we have likely been instructed to control spend we'd be left with 40m tops - obviously not everything we Soend comes onto p&s straight away but over the payment structure we set on the deal. But the league will be looking at the overall numbers msking damned sure we dont backend a huge amount with creative deals, as they'd want to see a clear progression in deals we sign showing that P&S will each season reduce as will the percentage of wages to income.

So without any more outgoings fie actual money not chocolate buttons, we may be able to strike a couple of 15/20 mill deals with 5/10 additional in add-ons maybe, and the rest will be freea or loans - obligation to buy I doubt we can agree too as the league would see that as effectively a guaranteed purchase by us - but options to buy wouldn't fall in that remit.

Loan costs can likely be fully covered by incoming loan fees.

We have some wiggle room I'm guessing with that already dye to the guaranteed large loan payment for Kean, which will also buy us some breathing space to spend this season should Juve buy him early or if not then we can show the league that it's a guaranteed 25m sale next season.

Last edited:
I think it's more likely that he's weaselled himself a nice little niche where instead of running the club on TV money, with Green ring-fencing shares on his behalf, he's managed to benefit from this strange laundering operation that Usmanov has been running through Moshiri.

Dunno why anyone has ever thought someone whose worth 15b+ and growing every year through legitimate ownership of a mega corp needs to launder money for ????

Usmanov made over twice what's been put into Everton through buying then selling shares in Facebook before it truly exploded to what it's become.

He's not some dodgy Italian shaking down bagel stores for protection money and demanding his vig off betting loans.

Dunno why anyone has ever thought someone whose worth 15b+ and growing every year through legitimate ownership of a mega corp needs to launder money for ????

Usmanov made over twice what's been put into Everton through buying then selling shares in Facebook before it truly exploded to what it's become.

He's not some dodgy Italian shaking down bagel stores for protection money and demanding his vig off betting loans.
Virtually every oligarch that came out of the Wild West era that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union has, for whatever reason, engaged in sports-washing.

It is shocking that fans don't already understand our financial state and why we can't sign players. It has been widely reported by more reputable outlets than the echo for at least 12 months.

It is just sad that moshiri has let this happen, yet is given a free pass because we are building a stadium that still has no funding model in place. I dread to think what the fans would do if development had to stop due to lack of funds.
If the development were to stop, if you think about it, something catastrophic surrounding the club would have happened.
Having said think about it, don't think about it. That scenario sees the end of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back