Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking it down to people panicking.

We lost our best player (arguable as I'd say Pickford is that and DCL when fit also ahead of Richy)

Brentford have lost the player that pretty much kept them up and was by a mile there best player in Ericksen
Leeds have or are about to lose their two best players.
West Ham are spending money but with the shadow of it being 'recouped' by selling Rice later in the window
Chelsea have effectively had their entire defence and strikers walk out for nothing.
United have lost there best player again for nothing.
Palace lost there best player last season when he returned back from his loan.
Villa are doing an us from 5 years back and buying overpriced and ageing dross by and large and if Gerrard was t a media lovie then questions would be getting asked as his record so far given the spend has been rubbish.
Wolves owners have pulled the plug on spending, pretty much stated they are sell to buy.
Saints are in an absolute mess and second half of last season like wolves where in relegation form.
Fulham are managed by Silva ?
Forest are a poor side and have massive holes now they've lost the loan players they had last season.
Brighton - lost their best player also.
Leicester- manager who looks on borrowed time now, losing one if their key players in Tielmans and Vardy getting older and more injury prone every season.

So all the doom and gloom from some about doomed to a relegation fight is kinda ignoring 1.that the window only opened a week and a half ago,and 2. That over half the teams in the league have problems themselves

The weird thing is the fanbase should know the score this summer with our FFP problems - we cant just throw money around and will need to negotiate with clubs to lower prices etc. Down which takes time.

Thelwell has only just gotten his feet under the table.

The same fans moaning about a lack of activity are the same fans moaning when we just give £45 million straight to Swansea for Siggurdsson to look ambishus rather than haggle his fee down or walk away and look elswhere.

Every summer people come on and say stop bedwetting everything's fine we're going to be ace, and every year we get worse. It's genuinely bizarre the way some people just refuse point blank to accept what's going on right in front of their eyes.
Agree. We just finished 16th and sold our best player and have brought one free transfer in I think people aren't worried they are shouting about what's in front of their eyes

The weird thing is the fanbase should know the score this summer with our FFP problems - we cant just throw money around and will need to negotiate with clubs to lower prices etc. Down which takes time.

The same fans moaning about a lack of activity are the same fans moaning when we just give £45 million straight to Swansea for Siggurdsson to look ambishus rather than haggle his fee down or walk away and look elswhere.
I'm realistic but so far we see no plan for the Richy money which tells me we will only spend a portion late in the window.

I'm realistic but so far we see no plan for the Richy money which tells me we will only spend a portion late in the window.

The Richy money largely went on satisfying FFP mate.

They'll be a little left over to spend considering we've offered £20 millions for that Wolves cat but we'll also need to ensure we get value for money.

Thelwell may well walk away if Wolves demand a big fee and he may have every right/need to do so with our financial position.

Fans need to have patience this summer and see where we are come end of the month.

It would help if, instead of the usual throwaway PR pieces, the club took the time to outline the situation in detail.

They won't, though, because the owner refuses to get rid of the chairman and board that got us into this current mess, and who will no doubt be responsible for the next mess, too.

Last edited:
Exactly my thought mate, totally briefed but at least we know the state of play and look like spending something. Interesting they name dropped Dennis and Cornet. lol

Name-dropped both in a negative way though if you notice.

I'd say the 'moving parts' part of that article refers to loans and even more specifically any interest in Chelsea players - could easily include Zinchenko/winks etc also - in other words players we expect to become available once the owning team buy themselves.

Does very much read like a 'briefed' statement and not the normal version that comes to that rag from the club,so I'd at a guess say Thelwell behind it

It would help if, instead of the usual throwaway PR pieces, the club took the time to outline the situation in detail.

They won't, though, because the owner refuses to get rid of the chairman and board that got us into this current mess, and will no doubt be responsible for the next mess, too.

Moshiri has tried but who knows what spell Kenwright has over him mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back