Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think MGW could be a really good signing for us, 22 goal involvements last season, only 21 - his value should only go up really, been reading some wolves forums today and they dont want him to go, but if they continue with 343 they think he'll be sold after the next bid
Doesn’t sound like we’re too far apart with wolves now so I fancy this will be our second signing of the summer.

One big positive for me is that both Thelwell from Wolves and Ashley Cole from the U21s will have seen plenty of him. If they like what they’ve seen and can vouch for his attitude and commitment then it’s a thumbs up for me.

Why have you saw much of them ? I am prepared to back the managers judgement on them tbh, they are young and highly regarded and will have sell on value at least.

Once we were linked I checked out highlights of matches they were involved. I’ve seen Broja play for Southampton a couple of times when they were Live on tv

Perhaps I'm guilty of using the terms interchangeably. Luckily, I've got someone with your advanced understanding on hand to set me straight.

If, as you say, Usmanov isn't the face of the operation, nor does he appear to have any concern whatsoever about how the club is run (essentially just leaving Kenwright to do as he sees fit day-to-day), what's going on?

Looks to me like he's laundering this 'gift' that he decided to give his favourite accountant.

I'm not the one posting laughing emojis at the thought of Usmanov's involvement here being suspect.

Mate I said from day one of Moshiri that Usmanov was the defacto owner of us - against the vehement argument he had no involvement from people like esk etc.

There's nothing suspect about him being the background owner - it's pretty much the way Russian football ownership works, a public face as owner and a private background owner - there's reasons for it ofc - one being it allows 'external' sponsorship deal by the true owner - as seen with us, also having 'too' big a public profile isn't necessarily the smart choice in Russia as it can lead to suggestions about why you're aiming to be this public populist figure and the knock on effect that could have politically. A few of the first wave oligarchs tries to use their wealth and public profile to become political figures - they failed.

Ultimately it cones down to culture as well, Russians by and large especially one from the Soviet era, don't really need to be 'seen' to have the power - it's actually having it what matters

I remember a pre season under moyes, think it was one when we signed beckford & magaye gueye - we won every game in pre season. Then we started away to Blackburn, played awful & lost 1-0, we played in that pink kit
Scored something like 8 goals and we sold him to...Leeds i think for a bit more than £1m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back