Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on who ACTUALLY is for sale i think and at what price...

Didnt @The Bobble say Gomes was available for £8mil ?

Some of the fees mentioned over the past couple of seasons were plain silly.

We should be lowering our demands on the sale prices to generate sales.

Gomes is not worth 8m. We need to give him away for free. Similar to what we did with Sandro.

I think we must be asking silly fees for them as well.

If we offer the players out at cut prices then it should balance out on the wages.

…..in this day and age, many will be happy seeing out big bucks contract and negotiating a lucrative Bosman or alternatively will ask for a chunk of their remaining contract to be paid up.

We saw it with Tosun, to a lesser degree we might see it with Mina. The chance we have is if a player wants to move his family to another part of the world.

Last edited:
Gomes is not worth 8m. We need to give him away for free. Similar to what we did with Sandro.
That’s the problem most of our squad will end up going for little to nothing…

Sadly no alternative other than getting results to drive players prices up really, or start purchasing young players that other people are actually in for… no real answer other than to just be better lol

I can’t really see that we have much to spend. We lost over £100m last year.

The players we let go had wages of circa £20m-£25m. The sale of Richarlison adds £50m to the pot. We are still £25-£45m short. Some will be written off against the stadium, bu there doesnt look to be much wriggle room.

The lack of sales are what is killing us. It’s a double whammy of no transfer fee plus paying a high salary.
We have as much as Moshiri wants us to have.

The loss that is being replaced on the P&S 3 year cycle by this current 22/23 season is a 100M, non-covid related loss... without any signings or sales this season we will probably head for a 30-40M loss, depending on league position... keeping us well under the allowable limit.

But in pure financial terms- profit on player transfers- we have made more than 50M from Digne, Richarlison and Kean (loan fee), with the permanent transfer of Kean (for around 20M profit) next summer.

Since the last accounts were published (20/21 season) we have got rid of the following players- Digne, James, Kean, Bernard, Bolasie, King, Pennington, Baningime, Walcott, Besic, Richarlison, Kenny, Tosun, Sigurdsson and Delph. I make that a total saving of around 105M (wages and amortisation).

Incomings (permanent) since the end of that period are, at the moment, Begovic, Lonergan, Townsend, Gray, Mykolenko, Patterson and Tarkowski. That adds a bit over 25M back onto our costs... so we have cut around 80M from our expenses from the end of the 20/21 season, actually probably more if you consider that the cost of Lampard and his staff will be much lower than Ancelotti etc.

Do agree with not being able to shift players hamstringing us though... Gomes, Mina and Allan costing us 40M per season... thats champions league level money and they arent producing consistently enough to warrant it. They´ll all be gone permanently in 12 months though...

I think we must be asking silly fees for them as well.

If we offer the players out at cut prices then it should balance out on the wages.

Doubt it - I expect we are willing to sell them all for their book values and to get their wages off the books. That, I would imagine, is the target.

Selling them for below this value would incur a loss on the books.

Example - If we sell Gomes for £4m but get his wages off the books, we incur a £4.8m loss in this accounting year (assuming we paid £22m for him). If we assume he earns £100k per week, we are effectively no better off this year because the hit on the loss is balanced out by getting rid of his wages, so what's the point? Might as well keep him another year because we aren't able to spend more as a result - the benefit of getting rid of him only comes in the following financial year. So if we are prepared to wait for that, fine, but I suspect most on here would throw their toys out of the pram that we'd sold a player and not replaced him.

Doubt it - I expect we are willing to sell them all for their book values and to get their wages off the books. That, I would imagine, is the target.

Selling them for below this value would incur a loss on the books.

Example - If we sell Gomes for £4m but get his wages off the books, we incur a £4.8m loss in this accounting year (assuming we paid £22m for him). If we assume he earns £100k per week, we are effectively no better off this year because the hit on the loss is balanced out by getting rid of his wages, so what's the point? Might as well keep him another year because we aren't able to spend more as a result - the benefit of getting rid of him only comes in the following financial year. So if we are prepared to wait for that, fine, but I suspect most on here would throw their toys out of the pram that we'd sold a player and not replaced him.
As above- there is no issue with premier league rules. In cash terms, you save 5M wages and get 4M cash, so in terms of cashflow your bank balance is 9M better off at the end of the season than it would be otherwise... and then next year you dont pay his amortisation or wages, so whilst the accounts are no different this year the accounts look 10M better off next year...

Depends on who ACTUALLY is for sale i think and at what price...

Didnt @The Bobble say Gomes was available for £8mil ?

Some of the fees mentioned over the past couple of seasons were plain silly.

We should be lowering our demands on the sale prices to generate sales.
In most cases, the issue is the salary we pay, not the fee we’re looking for.

As above- there is no issue with premier league rules. In cash terms, you save 5M wages and get 4M cash, so in terms of cashflow your bank balance is 9M better off at the end of the season than it would be otherwise... and then next year you dont pay his amortisation or wages, so whilst the accounts are no different this year the accounts look 10M better off next year...

Absolutely, but cashflow isn't the issue, unless I've totally misunderstood the rules for the last few years.

If we book a loss on the accounts of £4.8m this year (which in the example I gave, assuming the figures are correct, is what selling Gomes would be), that's a fixed cost on this years books. We get rid of his wages, which are something in the region of £5.2m, so we end up from an accounting perspective £400k better off this year than we otherwise would be. Sound, but £400k is nothing so you're effectively no better off. The benefit comes after 30th June next year - that Gomes sale you made a year ago means you now have about £10m wiggle room (assuming you're happy to continue the level of wages and amortisation costs you were before, which I'm not sure we are but that's a different debate)

Actually, reading your post back now, I get the feeling you might have been agreeing with me

Ideally, but then we take a loss on the FFP. That’s the trap we’re in.

I don't really care about all the finance side. Allan, Doucoure are both the same, in order to sell we'll lose heavily from a finance perspective.

Awful players generally equal bad business.

Cool, let me know when this time comes.
back-to-the-future-1414345.jpg

I don't really care about all the finance side. Allan, Doucoure are both the same, in order to sell we'll lose heavily from a finance perspective.

Awful players generally equal bad business.
I’m afraid the financial side will determine everything though. You may not care, but if we take more losses, we can’t make signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back