Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care about all the finance side. Allan, Doucoure are both the same, in order to sell we'll lose heavily from a finance perspective.

Awful players generally equal bad business.
Unfortunately, and I'm not picking on you, but that's the attitude that's got us in this mess to begin with. Nobody's been critical about the financials until it's too late

We are in the midst of unpicking a mess that will take at least another year to undo, possibly two.

In the meantime, we will struggle to sell players because of what they earn and we will need to be very creative with how we get players in.

I’m afraid the financial side will determine everything though. You may not care, but if we take more losses, we can’t make signings.

The reality is if we never had chancers like Brands and Thelwell signing absolute rubbish our fans wouldn't have to care about FFP.

Pathetic signings like Allan and Gomes have got us into this mess.

Unfortunately, and I'm not picking on you, but that's the attitude that's got us in this mess to begin with. Nobody's been critical about the financials until it's too late

We are in the midst of unpicking a mess that will take at least another year to undo, possibly two.

In the meantime, we will struggle to sell players because of what they earn and we will need to be very creative with how we get players in.

Fans aren't the people who should be evaluating finances though. Our role is to support the team, the horrendous board and staff should do better.

Absolutely, but cashflow isn't the issue, unless I've totally misunderstood the rules for the last few years.

If we book a loss on the accounts of £4.8m this year (which in the example I gave, assuming the figures are correct, is what selling Gomes would be), that's a fixed cost on this years books. We get rid of his wages, which are something in the region of £5.2m, so we end up from an accounting perspective £400k better off this year than we otherwise would be. Sound, but £400k is nothing so you're effectively no better off. The benefit comes after 30th June next year - that Gomes sale you made a year ago means you now have about £10m wiggle room (assuming you're happy to continue the level of wages and amortisation costs you were before, which I'm not sure we are but that's a different debate)

Actually, reading your post back now, I get the feeling you might have been agreeing with me
Yeah yeah, I agree with you. The issue I have read is we are offering clubs really small downpayments and that is where deals are stalling...

I dont think we have a major issue with amortisation etc at the moment- so my point is get rid of players that arent wanted to make sure we have more cash in the bank to get in our targets, maybe sufffering some short term pain (though long term gain) in terms of profit and sustainability...

Fans aren't the people who should be evaluating finances though. Our role is to support the team, the horrendous board and staff should do better.

The point is that “don’t care it’s not my money” and “who cares about resale value” is what’s led to us having multiple players signed for £20m+ walking out the door for free.

Getting a bit worried now. The squad is so light on quality and numbers. We’ve lost a lot of first team players that may not be starters every week but part of the squad.

I like the profile of players we’re being linked with but we need them through the door and settled in for Chelsea in 3 1/2 weeks!

The reality is if we never had chancers like Brands and Thelwell signing absolute rubbish our fans wouldn't have to care about FFP.

Pathetic signings like Allan and Gomes have got us into this mess.
I really like Allan, but if you think that he has cost us 40M over three years that isnt good business.

The point is that “don’t care it’s not my money” and “who cares about resale value” is what’s led to us having multiple players signed for £20m+ walking out the door for free.

How does me caring make Schneiderlin, Gylfi and Sandro etc worth more?

Sign terrible players and you lose money more often than not.

But it's not our money !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back