Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bed sheets aren't far off being wet.

Had foolishly hoped we'd have more than one in & more than Richarlison out.

I know there have been a couple of reliable(ish) links.. Gibbs-White & Broja but there's still a glaring hole in the 6 position which there have been no links with.

I think with the kind of players were being linked with, we're really going to struggle next season. I only hope that the three that came up, are worse than us.
The three that came up are arguably stronger than the three that just went down, so that's a genuine concern for me.

Leeds & Southampton seem to have weakened a bit over the summer so far though.

You could argue with a front 3/4 of dcl, Gordon, gray and iwobi and with alli also seemingly coming on leaps and bounds this summer with his fitness there is no rush to get a replacement for richy

The problem is depth though because Townsend won’t be back till December and rondon is the only other attacking player with experience before you revert to youth like simms and dobbin

Looks like a deal for MGW will be done soon I imagine and thereafter the focus may then be shifted to the midfield and loan deals

The three that came up are arguably stronger than the three that just went down, so that's a genuine concern for me.

Leeds & Southampton seem to have weakened a bit over the summer so far though.

Forest, who've only just come up, have spent £60m+. Mad.

Dunno about Leeds weakening. They've done a fair bit of bidniss. Remains to be seen.

I think with the kind of players were being linked with, we're really going to struggle next season. I only hope that the three that came up, are worse than us.
One of the biggest thing for me is having some luck with injuries, I still dont think the squad we have is bottom 5 - when we got players back fit mina, dcl etc our performances and results improved, even just having delph in as the 6 made the world of difference, when their was somebody to pick up the ball deep and start attacks

One of the biggest thing for me is having some luck with injuries, I still dont think the squad we have is bottom 5 - when we got players back fit mina, dcl etc our performances and results improved, even just having delph in as the 6 made the world of difference, when their was somebody to pick up the ball deep and start attacks
It’s easily bottom 5! What?

So just to be clear.
Isn't that the point of substitution. A player comes on for a tactical reason. One of those being a player who can run at and target a fatiguing opponent?

If not, what exactly is the point of having substitution?
We can learn a lot from rugby and the term game finishers.

£10m for a squad player is peanuts. Should we get him? Not sure, think I would ike to see Dobbin a bit more. But with 5 subs. It's crazy to not have a option of a fast Powerful player.

…we shouldn’t be buying substitutes. The aspiration is to buy footballers who are better than we have, build from the top down.

Completely agree.... with a full pre-season a playing strategy and a couple more midfield signings... then still would expect us to finish above Villa, Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham, Palace, Leeds, Southampton, Brentford..... and possibly even Leicester.

No reason why we cannot push for a mid-table finish with 1-2 central midfield signings.

Despite losing Richy in the pre-season, it could be argued that we are in a stronger position now compared with this time last year. The facht being that Benitez is not here.

It’s easily bottom 5! What?
So you believe the likes of southampton, fulham, brentford, bournemouth & forest have better sides than Everton when all fit?

-Thats southampton that lost something like their last 9 fixtures, and heavily beaten in a lot of them
-Brentford without Eriksson? They were in free fall before he arrived
- Leeds even, finished below us, theyve now lost their 2 best players, and no guarantees on any of their new signings

I like the idea of signing talented young, motivated players rather than mercenaries who don’t want to work hard.

However, I would like an experienced old head in there to lead them. A proven winner who still has the burning desire and will to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back